Wordpress 2.6.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wordpress 2.6.3

Hi - I just loaded WP 2.6.2 through Fantastico the other day and when I go to the Dashboard, I am being told to update to 2.6.3. However, Fantastico does not show the latest version as an option. Being such an amateur, I am not sure how to upgrade without the Fantastico.

Has anyone else ran into this? I searched the forums and did not find any information.

This is for my new domain: dinneratsheilas.com

TIA!
    Sheila - #23699
    www.sheilasbakeshoppe.com (under construction)
    Some people are like slinkys. Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Re: Wordpress 2.6.3

You have to go to the wordpress site, download the update and install it yourself. They have a manual and a step by step process. If you cant get it done.. contact me.. but.. it wont be a freebie as it takes up my time.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Just because an upgrade is suggested doesn't mean it's the best idea for everyone: Wordpress 2.6.3 is still too new to be listed as "bug-free" and the documentation is not even finished. The Fantastico! version is rock-solid and robust for just about any blogger, and the newer version sports only a few advantages over the Fantastico! version ..... I doubt that you will even need them, nor find the effort to 'evolve' worth it, unless you are much more of a serious blogger than I am forced to assume!

For more thoughts on the issue, read a few posts made earlier that highlight some of the various aspects so you are able to make a better consideration:
      Updating Wordpress
      Update Pro's & Con's (esp. templates)
      Wordpress 5-Step Manual Installation (All Versions)
      Wordpress Support Community

These "suggstions" were easy to find near the very top of this Forum, if you had bothered to look. If you had tried to do a search about "wordpress update" you would have found them also!

Affordable Professional Installations & Template Customizations
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

OK - well, color me naive as Wordpress states to "Please Upgrade" all over the Dashboard. I will check out the links. Grazi!

In my defense, I did search for info BEFORE I posted. However, my search criteria was for Wordpress 2.6.3 not Wordpress Update and apparently, I was too detailed.

When I first started here with BlueVoda, I learned my lesson about searching for answers before coming to the boards, right Karen? :):):)
        Sheila - #23699
        www.sheilasbakeshoppe.com (under construction)
        Some people are like slinkys. Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Comment

LOL... I dunno did you? I meant the wordpress site itself not here.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Fantastico currently upgrades WordPress to version 2.7.1 ......

However, you can find previous WordPress versions (stable versions, although without a defaulted theme) to manually download here.
            ** Keep in mind most templates require versions 2.0 - 2.5 only, as earlier versions are not stable! The only safe version is 2.0, which can be found under "Legacy Branch" but it is so weak that it is really not worth trying to tweak.

WordPress Customization
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
            X