Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I transfer existing WP.com blogs to Voda?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I transfer existing WP.com blogs to Voda?

Hello,
    I need to transfer several Wordpress blogs in entirety from the .com site to a Voda Host account (www.ethanwain.com). I only found one thread about this (in June) but there were no replies. I have set up blogs but never had to transfer one before.

Do I just import them to the server's public_html file? If not, please explain.

Many thanks!

Re: How do I transfer existing WP.com blogs to Voda?

Youd have to import it to a database after you set up the wordpress on voda account. You would need to read wordpress docs on the how to etc. It would most likely all be done in the phpadmin area.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks, Karen. Do I use Fantastico to set up or do I have to do it from scratch? Also do I have to get domains for the blogs or can I import the existing ones? I ask because one blog's name is the same as the web site it is linked to and that site is hosted elsewhere, which may require a new domain for the blog. When you said wordpress docs, did you mean tutorials on Voda or from wordpress? Sorry for all the questions at once but I've never done this before, so your help in detail is important to me.
      Sara

Comment

Depends on if you want the blogs as domains or in folder in an existing domain. The one you have hosted elsewhere the blog will have to be a seperate folder under a different domain as that domain doesnt exist on this host.

I meant wordpress docs, and also read their installation docs.. not sure if you can install it more than once thru fantastico

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for responding, Karen. I'm not sure I understand everything but will look at Wordpress' own documentation.

Sara

Comment

Working...
          X