Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick question SEO and alternate text

Hi,
    I'm using the ad banner rotator feature on all my pages to create slideshows.
    I'm wondering if the photos that I am using should be specifically renamed in order to add to my search engine appeal. I know this is done via alternate text with other types of images.
    Does anyone have insight on this?
    Thank you
    www.MaravillaMountain.com

Re: quick question SEO and alternate text

Hi, all aspects of the image should be web/se friendly, from the image name to the alt tag. IE: would you search for our%20falls%201%20(450%20x%20600) or
    Porto-Rican-waterfalls with an alt of Mountain waterfalls.
    Every bit will help.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

thank you, collector.
      I'm still a bit confused, though.
      I was wondering specifically about the ad banner rotator feature...there is no place to put in alternate title. Should I, however, rename all my photos?

Comment

Here's another thing...why do those percentages comes out in the titles? Because, for the example which you used, I named the picture our falls, not that title with all the %'s.
        Is it because I didn't use hyphens? and also, need to delete the dimensions, etc?

Comment

Yes, being careful to name your images relevant to each page: short, pertinent titles work best when they truly tie into the page's Content.

I know it sounds really neener-neener and require more work than you might have planned, but if you have the same slideshow/rotator on a lot of pages (especially popular technique in VodaLand), not only will it negatively influence the overall page relevancy rank, but could also be subject to SE interpretation as an attempt to unfairly create values across the entire site -- alluding to Black Hat methods (which is not where you want to go).

20 Black Hat Tactics To Avoid
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by mmyplace View Post
            Here's another thing...why do those percentages comes out in the titles? Because, for the example which you used, I named the picture our falls, not that title with all the %'s.
            Is it because I didn't use hyphens? and also, need to delete the dimensions, etc?
            Hi, the % marks are where a gaps is left in the naming of an image or page. Always best to use a score or under score (- _) between the words.
            IE: my-red-image. would be www.mysite.com/my-red-image.jpg
            On the not having alt text on the banner show, i am not sure why this is not in place. But can only assume that in some cases the alt text is used for visitors with certain impairments & a constantly changing image & alt text might create problems. But maybe someone from BV can explain this.

Good luck.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi again
              I think (hope) I figured out some of this stuff, and already started re-naming my photos. I'm not sure if some of the titles might be too long - also put some cap letters in - is this a problem?
              re: banner rotator on each page....the pictures are different for each page, so do you think it would still cause trouble for me?
              Thank you for help and hope you will answer these few loose ends for me!

Comment

Working...
              X