Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandatory form submissions

Hi guys.

We have a form on our site that we want customers to fill in to access a free download report.

We have tried the form and we have a problem.

Visitors do not actually have to fill in the form (its just name and email address) before they submit the form.

The idea of this form is to get pottential customers to give us their contact details via this form so we can sell to them at a later date, and their reward for filling the form in, is the free report download.

We want to make out for mandatory fill in so visitors can not access the report without filling in the two information fields. At the moment, all you need to do is click 'submit' to be sent to the download page, you arent required to actaully fill anything in.

Can we make the fields so they HAVE to be filled in, and if so, how?

Re: Mandatory form submissions

Have you watched these

Comment

Yeh I have wathed the videos and I kinow you can change the settings on the different fields and tick a box that says 'data required' but all this does is turn that edit box yellow, it doesnt actually prevent visitors from just leaving them balnk and clicking submit.

Any ideas??

Comment

If you set the email field to email and data required then they cannot send a blank reply.
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

I do have the same problem too. I check all the fields setting on the form which have been det to "data required" but still one can send without error message of the field pop up. What to do? Please help.
          The web: www.premierfoodingredients.com/samreqform.php

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia View Post
            If you set the email field to email and data required then they cannot send a blank reply.
            I have changed the email field to email and checked the data required box but the submit button can still be clicked and it will allow visitors to go to the next page that I only want people who have actually submitted data to access.

Any further ideas?

Comment

AbbaSam: change your form name from "Sample Request" to "Sample_Request"

JWoody 8: also check your form for whitespaces, they break the Javascript validation function.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
                AbbaSam: change your form name from "Sample Request" to "Sample_Request"

JWoody 8: also check your form for whitespaces, they break the Javascript validation function.
                Im not too sure what you mean by whitespaces.

Can you break it down a little more for me?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by jwoody8 View Post
                  Im not too sure what you mean by whitespaces.

Can you break it down a little more for me?

Thank you
                  whitespaces is where you basically have a break between words. So what George is saying is don't name your form 'sample request' name it 'sample_request'
                  Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
                  X