been gone too long..please check out my site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• been gone too long..please check out my site

I have moved from Virginia to Michigan and it has been quite an ordeal, but I am finally settled and am now trying to sell our property back in Virginia. I would LOVE to give it to an agent, but hubby is a DORK! Anyway, I have established a website as well as have it posted on all the free sites I could find and done a link to google, whatuseek, exactsee, and scrubtheweb. I did not find a catagory on VodaSearch, so I have not listed it there. Anyway, here is the website: http://www.tropical-fishsticks.com/boneyardtrader.com/

Oh, by the way did I tell you my husband is a DORK?

Re: been gone too long..please check out my site

- It's taking ages to load because the pictures are too big. You should resize them.
    - You should also avoid scrolling sideways. Set in the page properties: 800x600

Cheers,
    N Z B R
    t o u r s
    New Zealand Tours
    Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
    Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
    Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
    Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Thanks for the heads up...I forgot my "background" picture was done to make it transparent and was saved as a .png and took up alot of space so I resaved it as a .jpg and it is smaller. Please, if you go back, let me know if it loads faster.

I also made all my pages 800 wide and centered it on the page. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Comment

Looks great well done, its just the writing on the buttons are not to clear, besides that great

Comment

Much better now.
          Other thing: you don't have much information in your 'contact' page, so why don't you make it shorter and get rid of all that space you have under your email?

Cheers,
          N Z B R
          t o u r s
          New Zealand Tours
          Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
          Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
          Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
          Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

You need a LOT more pictures to make this anything close to a "go" ..... Really. If not a panoramic view, then a lot of single shots to provide a real up-close look at the scope of everything: a shot up the bank, and down the bank; a series of shots from the road, maybe some with relation to the park, and some good fields of perspective of the interior land plot; etc., etc. Try to get all angles, so the 'buyer' will feel as if he has already been there if he inspects the property....the more aspects of representation will build familiarity and provide details singularly for each viewer (you never know what people see or are looking for).

Break each of those "categories" into sections/pages (navigation items), which you can even use a Lightbox to present within a "gallery" for organization.

People want to see what it really is being offered, without having to rely on imagination or a half-hearted description written in crayon or blood (your anger shows in the abrupt content and rudimentary "planning" of the site, my dear!).

Tell Dork to get busy preparing the video camera also, and take some short pieces of the sounds on the banks of the river ....some songbirds in the interior of the plot while panning 360' .... some simple and SHORT vioce narration of the approach to the plot by car, etc.
            With it being so easy to set video up on a website using Blue Voda, I am surprised you didn't try already! Video sells 10x more than pictures, and with only 4 pix up, you will not sell anything.

Once you get a good detailed visual representation up, then go back and finish all the copy/content, which should help to get you the attention by the SE's it will take to get noticed and possibly sell. Be as methodical as you can, if only because you can then do a good job and tell him "I told you so!"

IMO
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I wish we had done this before we moved, it is now impossible to get the pics/videos of which you type...my money is on an agent in the area and I bet in a month or so my husband will HAVE to agree with me!

I had no idea I sounded angry? Of course the blood dripping from my finger tips after I had finished should have been a clue? ya think?

Comment

I feel for ya, girlfriend ..... you should print out my post (copy & paste into Word) and show him that EVERYTHING takes a lot more effort and forethought than he assumed, if it is to be done right and is worthy of you putting your name on it! LOL

There's got be a way to hammer home "once and for all" the idea that women really do know what's best! That, and really hearing and understanding, not just "listening" ........
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                X