Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need help here!

hi,
    i need some advice about the form i've published.(http://www.memoriesdewedding.com) Once i click the submit button, it loaded to another error page.(error 404 not found) i could receive the form in my mail box.

In the form properties, under event tab i've added 'onSubmit' event with 'Javascript' function [alert'Thank you for submitting to us'].

My problems are:
    1)What should i do to make the page reload to index page once the submit button is click.
    2)Do i really need to create a success/thank you page?
    3)What are the difference in adding javascript function in events tab under Form properties and events tab under submit button properties?

Thank you so much for your kind attention on my problems.

Re: i need help here!

If you use both .. the javascript and the php script to submit the form you are creating a conflict. You need to use a php script that submits the form only and doesnt perform the follow thru to the thank you page if you want to use the java script..easier to just LEAVE IT off.

If you use the Thank you page and develop it from the rest of your site you can use a meta refresh to redirect them to the home page several seconds after the page loads to redirect them to the home page.. otherwise your menu etc would all be there if they wished to continue further.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

hi Karen,
      Thanks for your prompt reply. Actually i don't understand how could i link my thank you page after submit button is click and how could i use meta refresh to redirect bck to the home page? sorry to trouble again.

James

Comment

If you open the form properties box
        then substitute your home page address in place of the success.html
        then on submit would take your clients back to your home page.

Why not create the success/thankyou page with a direct link back to your home page anyway ?¿
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thanks alot David! You guys are GREAT!!!

Comment

Working...
          X