This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Can I update Wordpress

With other hosts, I'm able to upgrade to the latest WP version with a couple of clicks. Since I'm extremely challenged when it comes to this stuff, that's great.

Looks like Fantastico is broken here, since what I'm seeing doesn't seem to allow for updating from the outdated version 2.3.1. I tried the WP Automatic Update plugin which has worked for me before, but it absolutely mangled the site with Vodahost.

I really need help, because I'm working with a theme that performs very poorly with the current version. I'm lost, and haven't the vaguest idea what to do. I like just clicking stuff to get results, like with other hosts. Any chance Fantastico could be fixed in a hurry?

Re: How Can I update Wordpress

Fantastico! is not broken. It is a licensed cPanel feature that is updated continually, and is the same anywhere.

It is commonly known that a Fantastico! install is much different than a manually configured Wordpress, and if you in fact require a different verson than is available via Fantastico! for a template, then you will need to uninstall Wordpress via Fantastico!, and then manually install whatever version your require.

Follow the simple "Official" instructions documented at WordPress >> http://codex.wordpress.org/Upgrading_WordPress

For Converting "Manual" to Fantastico (same process to upgrade a Fantastico installation), use this documentation > http://wordpress.org/support/topic/209738

See the list of Topics for installation troubleshooting >> http://wordpress.org/support/forum/2
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Fantastico isnt broken, and likely if they put in a new version, it would allow you to upgrade. I havent seen any other hosts run to do this, its just lucky for you they happened to have updated all their software in the past. Other hosts likely CHARGE you for this service too. When there are updates for cpanel, the updates for the software is usually done at the same time.

There is a full tutorial on the word press site that explains how to, what files to change and with a couple of clicks update your wordpress. Its really NOT that difficult. There may even be a PLUGIN for wordpress that will update for you.. im not sure, but you might want to check out their site for that information.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Well, in the final analysis, I had to remove the 2.3.1 installation and manually install 2.6.3 after probing my memory on how to do it.

Comment

Working...
        X