X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• login pages

hi,

i was wondering how i would be able to create a form in which a user would sign up as a user of the site, and then be able to login and view their personal page.

the idea is that after they've signed up, there would be a 'login' button on the homepage. clicking this button would send them to enter their username and pass in a form. they would then be sent back to the homepage, logged in and they would be able to access their personal page.

and if its possible, how can i make certain pages only accessible when a user is logged in? and how exactly does my site know that users are already registered?

kinda alot of questions, but hopefully someone's created something like this and can help me out.

Thanks!!

Re: login pages

What are you wanting to use to build it?

A forum can basically do this, however, if you are hosting personal pages thats reselling hosting, and against tos, not the same as acessing a profile like on a forum.

You would know who was registered as it would be contained in a database, so you would either need a preformatted script, like a forum or cms management, or have one custom built for you, or use one of the free ones listed here on the forum and set up protected folders.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Most forums allowed "tiered access" based on User Group permissions alone, meaning certain restrictions can be set upon types of members as a group or on individuals, allowing them to have acess to certain Forums (or sub-forums) and functions (i.e. be able to upload files, download, etc.).

However, I personally think he would be better off exploring more of a "social site" functionality, similar to what a CMS foundation can offer with the various add-on's and modules currently available. Joomla comes readily to mind ...
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Have you been able to work it out yet Mikegoalie? I'm wanting to do the same thing for my website, not a forum and not a hosting reselling website either, but a genuine business that relies on people being members of my site and requiring to log-in in order to upload their files to my website.

Comment

Try a free "membership script" or purchase a custom made one.
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
          Newbies / Beginners Forum
          FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
          My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
          Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Originally posted by moktah View Post
            Have you been able to work it out yet Mikegoalie? I'm wanting to do the same thing for my website, not a forum and not a hosting reselling website either, but a genuine business that relies on people being members of my site and requiring to log-in in order to upload their files to my website.
            This is one of the core features of a CMS foundation, and has been mentioned repeatedly ....... the simplest CMS website builder to learn and manage and that produces first-class results is Joomla. Dig around and find out for yourself!

It's available as a 3-click Free install via the Fantastico! panel with every VodaHost account.
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

no i havent moktah, if you do, let me know.

thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X