wordpress or content management...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wordpress or content management...

this is a test site I put up...but I like it ! so now I will have 2 sites... to look after...

I want to be able to add articles regularly and have people also contribute articleas and comments....I presume wordpress, or Content management??

I have 18 categories ( currently set up as standard pages and listed on the vertical menu on the left of the pages)

I would like someone to set it up - so the page template is the same as all the other pages....I can manage from then on..... but learning wordpress set up was all too much for this newbie!!!!!

Prices and comments.....

thank you

Nicole

Re: wordpress or content management...

We dont put prices in the forum. You may contact individuals who post here or in Voda Host approved freelancers.

We would need considerably MORE information before quoting prices exactly anyway.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Karen,

I wasn't expecting prices over the forum though....just interest in the work...just putting it out there....I guess that I may need some advice on blog / content management options - I have zero experience there....to display and maybe rotate articles with many categories within my site - is it easier to just use standard BV pages with the content?? I like the idea of letting people comment though...

Nicole

Comment

If Wordpress was intimidating, a CMS foundation would surely blow you away!

If you are comfortable using Blue Voda to simply make new pages and then organize them properly, you might simply wish to provide a button on each "Article" page to get people to a "Comment/Contact" email form page, where they can email their comments and contributions to you for review and acceptance at your leisure. A lot less management, and will prevent having to police your site to protect it from nasty spammers! Most people are already used to this practice of 'submitting and waiting' as it has always been an Administrator's election in Wordpress or any CMS.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Word press is pretty easy once you get past the installation and make a few test runs. Lots of us have experience with templates and so on. Id be happy to help you with templating and getting it set up ..and then im pretty sure once you get in the admin areas you would figure the rest out pretty quickly.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Karen, I am about to go away for a few weeks and will revisit and chat to you about it when I get back....I do like the idea of having wordpress on my site and I am sure I will handle running it....

regards

Nicole

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
              If Wordpress was intimidating, a CMS foundation would surely blow you away!

If you are comfortable using Blue Voda to simply make new pages and then organize them properly, you might simply wish to provide a button on each "Article" page to get people to a "Comment/Contact" email form page, where they can email their comments and contributions to you for review and acceptance at your leisure. A lot less management, and will prevent having to police your site to protect it from nasty spammers! Most people are already used to this practice of 'submitting and waiting' as it has always been an Administrator's election in Wordpress or any CMS.
              Hi Vasili,

I have a similar issue with Nicole and was just trying to install Drupal for similar reasons. But what you mentioned above seems a good idea with me in total control. By your writing you are saying just to create new pages right? how about user account creations and what if I end up getting like 50 emails in response to an article? Thanks

PS: Are there any sites you have seen this work? Thanks

Comment

Yes, I myself use this method on a number of Blue Voda sites because it is not only completely manageable (using the proven tools and built-in "optimization" potential of a 'static, hard coded site' every BV-created page provides), but easily updated and flexible within your design *or re-design* needs.

Deal with the "volume" as it comes in --- you will spend the same amount of time addressing incoming email/submissions (approving, editing, Moderating, etc.) if you use Blue Voda as if you used a CMS foundation, so that singularly is a moot issue!

PS: Don't fall for the pervasive mantra that Drupal is superior to Joomla: now that Drupal has 'gone private' the seemingly shorter learning curve becomes a transparent fabrication, whereas the constant progress made to Joomla and the optional "contributions" (plug-in's) clearly demonstrate Joomla's potential far outpaces the reach of Drupal. Drupal was once the global favorite (especially with Asian and Near-East cultures) when web building was in its infancy, but things have changed over the last 10 years, and successive generations of foreign "web experts" continue to resist the furious evolutions that are critical to your perpetual online success ....
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                X