How many browsers can i have on my computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many browsers can i have on my computer

I have allready two browsers but i would like to have at least two or tree more to test my website, can i do this without problems, or the possibility to get browser conflicts exist...

Re: How many browsers can i have on my computer

You can have as many as you like, Julia. I have something like 15 on mine. LOL The only time you might see a conflict (and this is rare) is when you have two different ones open at the same time.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by racefan20
      You can have as many as you like, Julia. I have something like 15 on mine. LOL The only time you might see a conflict (and this is rare) is when you have two different ones open at the same time.
      Thanks for replying, i think the most known browsers are IE,ffx, nepscape, i like firefox even with all bugs it has, it's just nice, changeable, and always in development, are there other open source bowser like this?...

Comment

Oh yeah, tons of them. Take a look here: http://www.download.com/3101-2137-0-1.html?tag=pop
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Yes i can see, thanks for the link..

Comment

If you are wanting to test your site in all of them so you can have your site work in them all, it isn't worth your time. As of January 2006, IE makes up 65%+ of the internet, Mozilla Browsers (Mozilla & Firefox) Make up over 28%, and then the rest taking up the last 8%. Opera coming in third with 1.4% and then netscape trailing in with only .4%.

Also you need to take into consideration the type of person you are attracting to your site. If you have the average run of the mill internet user who know just enought to enter the domain name. Internet explore is about all you need to concern yourself with. If you have a website aimed at a community of more experienced computer users, gamers, or even younger users, you will likly want to make it worth properly with firefox.

By all means if you want to make your site look like you want it with every broswer go ahead, but just figured you should know the statistics first.

PS. stats from w3schools.com

Register/Login Script
            Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thank for sharing your notions, but statistics specially economic related statistics are in 90% of the cases just a bundel of lies, i should not believe so hard in them.

Thanks to the statistics many people regret that once they had a windows system, of course after knowing linux.

If i where skilled enough to make a functional website, i should not omit any effort to make it so, disregard who is gonna use it, jus because functionality has nothing to see with contend...

PS stats are nothing, but just a bundel of lies

Comment

Has Netscape really dropped to .4%
                Wow, what a bunch of mugs. At one
                point the market was all theres and
                they screwed it up.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

This community site always loads using MSN for me. Not happy with that. Can I load BlueVoda sites without having MSN taking up loads of my screen area? Also, when I try to access a link from an MSN email from BlueVoda, MSN stops me loading it! I just fell out with MSN....can I stop it interfering with BlueVoda?

Comment

Originally posted by kenkew
                    This community site always loads using MSN for me. Not happy with that. Can I load BlueVoda sites without having MSN taking up loads of my screen area? Also, when I try to access a link from an MSN email from BlueVoda, MSN stops me loading it! I just fell out with MSN....can I stop it interfering with BlueVoda?
                    MSN has nothing to do with BV. If you want your Internet Explorer to open up with the Vodahost (or any other page) go in IE, Tools, Internet Options, and in the very first field fill in the URL of the page you want. You can give it your Forum CP in the URL, so it will open directly in the forum.
                    As for receiving your emails directly on your desktop, i think that certain providers do not allow free accounts receivingand sending mail from and to other servers than theirs. If this is your case, you just have to live with it. Do a simple thing: Go in your CP, and bookmark it. So as sson as you connect to Internet, click on the bookmark and you will get directly to your CP. You can even do tha same thing directly with your mail page.
                    Navaldesign
                    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Never knew I could have more than 1 browser either. Ok, now I'm the new owner of four: IE, FF, SB and Opera. Will test drive the latter two...thanks for this info! Question, do you 'have' to have a default? For now, FF is mine.
                      http://www.rogerwrapit.com

Comment

Originally posted by nksiefert
                        Never knew I could have more than 1 browser either. Ok, now I'm the new owner of four: IE, FF, SB and Opera. Will test drive the latter two...thanks for this info! Question, do you 'have' to have a default? For now, FF is mine.
                        It makes life simpler to have a default then when you click a link, say in an email, it will simply open in your default browser.

I use SB, btw, and I LOVE it. It beats IE and Netscape by far! Happy test driving.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                        02036089024 / United Kingdom
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

hello everyone........

I just noticed this thread and would like to ask advise on problem im having with my firefox.....

When i look at my website on firefox it shows my burning lines a couple inches away from were they are supposed to sit as well as some of the graphics some of the images are into the words and so on.
                          everything is out of its place???? is it just mine or is the problem on all people who view my site using firefox.

i checked on my internet explorer and everything looks fine.

what could be the cause of this problem?

should i delete firefox and download it again?

thanks
                          malcolm1
                          http://www.biz-giant.com

Malcolm Pender

Comment

No, redownloading will not solve the problem. I checked it and it's the same for me. Probably the fire lines have a piece of positioning code that is interpreted differently in IE and Firefox. post the code in here, as well as the method you have used to place them in your pages, to see if something can be done
                            Navaldesign
                            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi navel....

awwww man i was afraid that was happening because i downloaded firefox on moms computer and it showed the same.

Well the method i used was the image box in blue voda i have those burning lines in a folder with other images and backgrounds on my desktop folder

C:\unzipped\muddyswirl\faverite backgrounds\burning_line.gif

are the bottom images out of wake also.
                              the marqee and the computer with 24 hour business as well?

i hope i dont have to do the index page over again but if its what i got to do then so be it.

hopefully you got a trick up your sleeve and can save me about 4 or 5 hours.

thanks
                              malcolm1
                              http://www.biz-giant.com

Malcolm Pender

Comment

Working...
                              X