Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File Upload - thread is closed, but I still need help

Hi there,
    The thread about how to upload a file onto your website for users to download is closed. Everyone seemed to think it was great and easy to do, but I don't get it. Sorry. Very new to this. I just want to upload our menu onto our restaurant's site. I am just creating the site at the moment, so it's not published yet. I don't have an ftp and when I go to my control panel, there is no item called file manager, so i don't know how to upload the file. Can it only be done after my site is published? It does sound easy, but without ftp or a file manager, how do I do it?
    Thanks

Re: File Upload - thread is closed, but I still need help

You have a file manager you just have to look closer.

Try holding the Ctrl key, and then hitting "F". This will open a text search and just type in "File Manager" and it will find the icon.

If you want to use a ftp try FileZilla, its free.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Ok, you are not published, but do you at least have a hosting account ?

If you do, then you can upload your files anyway. If that is a VH account, then you DO HAVE File Manager in your CP. If you have another hosting company, i can't know. If you don't , you ned to use FTP as Watdaflip suggested.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Okay, so are you saying that until I have a host I can't upload it? I thought it would be just like attaching a file. I haven't decided what to do about hosting yet. My friend has offered to host it for me, or I may go with Vodahost, but I really want to finish the website before I think about hosting. I downloaded the free filezilla ftp and by the looks of it, it will only work if I enter my host name. I'd like to attach the file now, but if I know that it can't be done until I have a host, then I'll finish everything else and do that last once I have a host.
        Please confirm for me.

Thanks guys

Comment

No, you need to decide now, because BlueVoda will NOT publish anywhere else than a VodaHost account. If you intend to host elsewhere, don't use BlueVoda, you will not be able to publish the site you are creating.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Oh bother. Thanks for letting me know. Lucky!! i'll take a better look at what vodahost has to offer and make my decision. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X