Membership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Membership

Hi all,..well little problem i hope someone can help me out with,..i want to now add a membership on my website which i have completed but not published as we speak,...as now i want the membership thought it best to get this installed before publishing,..am i right in thinking that it will be installed the same way as a forum would be installed?...it might seem a pretty obvious way,but like to check as i have never installed membership scripts,...and would it be right to think that a link can be placed on my index page which i have now(index)...and this will not allow none members to look over the site?....i wanted to also know if and how it can be set so that surfers can have a look over and join at the end to qualify for what membership would offer them,....well thanks inadvance webdesigner

Re: Membership

What script do you have in mind. Soholaunch , amember or something else?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi *****

Thanks for your reply regarding this matter ,...thought i was out there on my own,..as i think not many are ***** on this subject hence no replies,..good job we have admin like yourself,...
      The Script is Membership Manger ,i could send you a link if this will help,
      Well thanks again ***** for your concerns best wishes & regards Webdesigner

Comment

Hi,.....Forgot to mension that with the script i have i bought full reselling rights and wish to impliment this into my website also, As i have a free software section within my website ,But on looking over the package i have ,And talking to others(NavalDesign Exellent member a credit to your company)realise that it is sub site within my website,..if this is true what diffrence would this script be to amember?apart from the price diffrence?
        Thanks again webdesigner

Comment

Originally posted by webdesigner
          Hi,.....Forgot to mension that with the script i have i bought full reselling rights and wish to impliment this into my website also, As i have a free software section within my website ,But on looking over the package i have ,And talking to others(NavalDesign Exellent member a credit to your company)realise that it is sub site within my website,..if this is true what diffrence would this script be to amember?apart from the price diffrence?
          Thanks again webdesigner
          Hi Stephen,

it's a question of features and support. If you're happy with the one you've got we're all happy.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

General or Naval Design can either of you with all your excellent experience refer me (a novice in web design / development) to a web developer who I can use that may have experience in creating a membership site similar to linkedin but without all the social interaction features. There is just way to much for me to learn and at this point I would rather pay someone for there services. Or If either of you do this sort of thing please let me know...thanks very much for your help.

Joe

Comment

From the technical point of view, a membership script should be able to allow the following:

1. Protection of certain (or all) areas of the site so that only visitors who are registered/allowed can reach them.
              2. eventually, a payment method, to use with the above, if these must be paid for membershipd.

There are, of course, additional features that will make the Admin's life easier or harder, like a user Management System, a Search and Export system to deal with the database data, a mailing system, etc. All of these are additional features to the two mentioned above,

It is important that you distinguish the coding part of such a membership script, from the visual part. Whilst the script itself is usually low cost, because it is sold to many customers, the customization work that is necessary in order to embedd the script in pages that look EXACTLY like the rest of your site, might require some hrs of work, and consequently is charged for the real cost.

For a simple, economic solution, look at this: http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/logger_lite.php

Scroll down the page, andd use the "Test it" link, to see the full demo, for both the user and the Admin part.

For a more complete script, visit http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/logginexamples.php

which is DB driven and has payment modules, listing and profile modules etc.

This one is at the backend of a membership site you visited lately.....
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
              X