Can't Publish Page Properly ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Publish Page Properly ...

i don't have so much experince creaing web pages and i create a page and tried to publish but when i go to my website appear so weir. my web site is http://www.import-mex.com would you please help me and advise me what i'm doing wrong. and can i remove from my public documents this "cgi-bin" i dont have any idea what is it. i went to my control panel and file manager but i don't know if i can delete.

Re: i can't publish page

Do NOT delete the cgi-bin file......................

AND read or view the video tutorials here
    These step by step Visual tutorials were made for complete beginners, so please LOOK and LEARN..............

Rename your underconstruction page to
    index
    and nothing else, then publish the index page.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Stay out of your Control Panel for now ..... until you are more understanding of how all this works.

1. Open Blue Voda, and open your saved page under_construction
      2. Under FILE in Blue Voda, click on SAVE PAGE AS and re-name this page index (all lower case letters, just as shown)
      3. Using the PUBLISH icon in Blue Voda, Publish this index page
      4. Visit your site to verify it has published properly > www.import-mex.com

The first page of any website needs to be named and published as index, and websites can only have one index page. This also becomes your "Home" page, but to link back to your home page you need to only list the Primary Domain name link to get there (www.import-mex.com): never add the "index" part to any hyperlink.

Form here on out you need to create, Save, and Publish pages using Blue Voda normally as described in detail in all the Tutorials (which you should be studying carefully to learn how to use Blue Voda successfully).
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

thnak you sooo much know i can see my page, thank you. and would you please advise me why on the "e" apper untitled page?

Comment

You need to fill in the page's PROPERTIES, by right-clicking on the page itself and then Properties.
          The "untitled page" notation shows next to Explorer's icon because you did not enter a Page Title in the page Properties. I suggest something like "Welcome to The Import-Mex.com Website - Under Construction"

Couple of pointers:
          1. Re-size your page to only 800 wide, and go back to Page Properties and check "Center in Browser."
          2. Delete the .WAV file, which prevents proper page loading ... it's not necessary for a temporary "Palceholder" page anyway, now then is it?
          3. Start really reviewing and studying the Blue Voda Tutorials ... all of them ... in the order they are listed. This way you will learn the skills needed to successfully build your site easily and with the predictable progress that is expected!
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X