Mini page inside a page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini page inside a page

Is there a way to create a mini "page" inside of a page? I would like to be able to have a tabbed mini page (not sure what else to call it) inside my home page. When a user clicks one of the tabs a new page loads in that area without affecting the rest of the page, the way that Y*h*o does their main page. Or do I need to duplicate the page several times with new info in that box. Seems like there should be an easier way, also if I am doing this on my index how could I name it, can the index have different pages?
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Re: Mini page inside a page

Hi D'son

You can create a page inside a page by using INLINE FRAME. Check out this Tutorial to learn how to use inline frame. If you want more than one page inside a page like Mirabel Travel , you might need script from DD. I hope this will solve your problem.
    Regards
    Attraction Passes
    Adventure Travel
    Europe Train Pass
    www.mirabeltravel.ca

Comment

You could do what you're talking about by using iframes.

You don't mention what you want the page to do. Most sites have templates where the header and navigation don't change, but the page actually changes - but yes, you can do what you want with iframes.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks saggi and Bethers, that was what I thought. What I want to do is have an in-line frame where I show case players of the week from our baseball program. I was thinking I would then insert a tab menu for the different players. I haven't had much chance to work with the tabs yet as I just changed over to BV10. So I'm going to play around a bit, any advice?
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net

Comment

For tab Iframes, you can get a script from Dynamic Drive . You may wanna choose script with picture tab so that your visitors can click on players' picture and go to their specific page.
          Regards
          Attraction Passes
          Adventure Travel
          Europe Train Pass
          www.mirabeltravel.ca

Comment

Thanks saggi, I'll check it out.
            Reguards
            Ed
            www.dsondesigns.com
            www.300hitter.com
            www.bigjk.net

Comment

Hi, I am wondering as well how to make a page like that. for example in adwords landing page. we can see that if we click the "how it works" tab the url page doesn't change.. but the page was change only in the middle to down of the page.. how to make landing pages like google adwords? anybody know?

Comment

Originally posted by yorya View Post
                Hi, I am wondering as well how to make a page like that. for example in adwords landing page. we can see that if we click the "how it works" tab the url page doesn't change.. but the page was change only in the middle to down of the page.. how to make landing pages like google adwords? anybody know?
                This page was written in Java, and it is a function script (note the on-click-like function command, as in bookmark, script command "#").

You can easily *******te the effect using 100% Blue Voda where the pages in fact advance or retreat and only the certain area of the page changes, or by using an inline frame (iFrame): using an iFrame like this requires a great deal of instruction, or, a good deal of experimentation (since it really needs to have base pages constructed precisely and with total attention to details for it to function seamlessly).

You are the best judge of your own current talents and capability, but I would suggest sticking with Blue Voda simple page advance (and/or possibly a borderless pop-up script) until you feel it time to move on.
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

many thx vasili.. I tried but my iframe didn't works perfectly.. you can see in my web that if you click on the "how it works" tab there is a loading.. Compare with adwords page that there is no loading if i click on the tab.. how to make tab like that but without a loading? can someone give me some tricks. I got stucks. Many thanks!

Comment

Hi, no site at http://www.efaxtechnology.com/ ????. Seems like the pages have been uploaded & not published.
                    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

yes, my page under construction.. i am looking for how to make a tab without a loading..

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                        You are the best judge of your own current talents and capability, but I would suggest sticking with Blue Voda simple page advance (and/or possibly a borderless pop-up script) until you feel it time to move on.
                        Originally posted by yorya View Post
                        many thx vasili.. I tried but my iframe didn't works perfectly.. you can see in my web that if you click on the "how it works" tab there is a loading.. Compare with adwords page that there is no loading if i click on the tab.. how to make tab like that but without a loading? can someone give me some tricks. I got stucks. Many thanks!
                        I suggested you stick to using the simple static page advance method, for if you lock every element in place and CLONE your pages to make each subsequently changed "area" different, then the page switch/page load (being a static page, and the visitor eye focused on one area) would load nearly instantaneously --- unlike an iFrame which by nature needs to "connect" to an altogether outside URL/web page to "present."

Try not to "over-think" or unecessarily complicate a simple process.
                        And, if you are truly uncompromising (or rigidly inflexible), then you will simply have to learn how to use another web building format, like HTML via Dreamweaver!
                        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Dear Vasili,

Thx for your advice.. but i didn't uderstand what does the simple static page advance method mean? can you give me some examples or steps?

Regards,
                          Ryan

Comment

Awesome Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X