Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding discounts and special offers

Hi Naval,
    I would like to add a buy one get one free and a free gift offer to some of the items on my website. Can you advise me as to how to do this?
    AngieE

www.willowwindgifts.com. Name Meaning Personalized Gifts. Original Photographs and Poetry on Bookmarks and Framed.

Re: Adding discounts and special offers

Unfortunately, I do not believe you can do it with the website set up as it is to simply use the paypal buy buttons.

It would mean making changes and changing the shopping cart. There are various ways it could be done then.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Beth,
      Bluevoda doesn't have that capability, well, bummer. I do seem to recall being able to use something like that in a shopping cart I used a long time ago. I am using paypal and was hoping to be able to do it with them. I'll keep looking and let you know what I come up with.
      AngieE

www.willowwindgifts.com. Name Meaning Personalized Gifts. Original Photographs and Poetry on Bookmarks and Framed.

Comment

forgive me for sounding a bit obvious but why don't you just have the item image with text next to it saying 'buy one get one free' then when they click on the 'buy it now' button, it sends the order through to you as normal and you just send them two of the items? No?

Same principle for the free gift?
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Ramsey,
          That is a great idea. I was looking more for a way to have it show up on the invoice. So the customer sees that it was a free item.
          AngieE

Comment

Why don't you look into using a cart that will allow it? Like Mal's Ecommerce or CartManager? Or even the actually Paypal shopping cart?

Mal's you can use with Paypal for free - but I don't know if the free version has as many options. CM is a paid cart as it the Paypal shopping cart. If you're going to go to a paid cart, I'd look at CM or the Mal's paid version - because you can use Paypal, but you could also add a merchant account if you ever want to without changing anything else.

What Ramsey says will work, but doing it within a cart would be more professional and allow it to show in the invoice as you state.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

if you have enough you can always use soho
              mrmagoo144
              mrmagoo144
              www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...