Help with thumbnails please??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with thumbnails please??

I have a published website www.tradekidsgear.co.nz, that has been online for 3 months. It has come to my attention that the thumbnails are in fact large pictures with smaller dimensions, so are slow to download. I have contacted the people that did my website (it is a modified auction template), and they said:

Our script has dynamic thumb nailing option.
    If your web host supports gd lib and imagemagik, you can use this option.
    for this you can enable thumb nailing from script cadmin panel configuration section.

Customer support have told me that Vodahost does support this, but I haven't been able to work out how to enable the thumbnailing properly.

Can anyone help please??

Re: Help with thumbnails please??

Is this a VodaHost website, meaning did you purchase your website domain name through VodaHost?

If you bought your name and hosting elsewhere please contact them for support as these forums can only help you with Voda Host accounts.

If this is a VodaHost account please first watch the video tutorials in the drop down box at the top of the screen to get the fastest help with your problem.

If VodaHost is your hosting provider and you have already watched the video tutorials please post this on this thread and you will recieve your answer to the best of my ability and from others as well.

-Regards,
    DM

Comment

This is a Vodahost account & I have looked at the tutorials but the 'read me' sections about images doesn't seem to give much info about how to enable the thumbnails. I go to the thumbnail section, but I don't know what I should be doing from there?
      Can anyone please help??
      Thanks

Comment

I purchased the domain name from NZ but transfered it to Vodahost & pay Vodahost the hosting fee.

Comment

Hi Taurus,

It looks to me that your web designer does not know anything about optimizing your photos for your website.

Example: Black Breast Feeding Singlet.

The image dimensions are 1280pixels x 960 pixels with a file size of 302,464 bytes which is very large for shopping carts or catalogues.

Secondly he should close crop the product photos and cut away all the empty
          spaces around the product which serves no purpose, so as to enable the product to stand out more.

Thirdly customers are not impressed with your products when the photo of the products are not *****.

You have to instruct your designer to reduce the Kb size of all your product photos for faster loading. He or she should know how to optimize them.
          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

This is without a doubt the easiest way to make gallery style websites. first.....READ THE MANUAL!
            I had been using an older version for 2 years just by trial and error. I met someone who really knew the program and he showed me things that blew me mind and that were clearly shown in the manual. Once you have all the adjustments made you click a button, go for coffee, and when you come back you have a 70 page website that is user friendly and shows all 7000 of your pictures. Man I loved it. check it out. Full function 30 day trial. Hope this helps. 3's
            Grampa

PS you can just use it to do your thumbnails automatically too. Just junk the pages it makes.

Use Arles Image Web Page Creator to quickly and easily create image collections on the web. Arles creates high quality thumbnails, modifies images and automatically generates HTML pages for your online image collections.
            3's
            Grampa

SENILITY RULES!

Comment

Grampa,

You have to optimize your photos first and do what ever is necessary to enable your photos to load faster.

You have to close crop your photos to drop unnecessary part of your photo which carries additional pixels which is excess baggage.

In short you have to prepare your photos and images first before loading
              them into whatever program or software you are using.
              www.siapamoyanganda.com/
              Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
              State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
              X