Got a real enigma for you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a real enigma for you

ok so we all know we can embed music on our pages, stream aduio with some html code and do whatever else it takes to manipulate and use the thousands of different methods to add music to a page. but I have an enigma for you!
    I found THIS the other day and it made me really start experimenting, so far...nothing...
    I want to try and embed a code to make it sttream audio from a websource OR make it play a music file embedded within it using shockwave so that when its opened in Internet explorer or is loaded on a web page - it plays the music.
    So put on your thinking caps ladies and germs, this one could be loads of fun to crack!

and yes, I've tried an HTML file with both embed and stream code - and an SWF flash file that weas supposed to grab the music file off my website...neither one worked
    so let's break out a gif, an MP3 or a wav and open control panel and see if we can't crack this - this could not only help us save bandwidth when linking through other sites, but its just really cool having a picture that plays its own music.

Re: Got a real enigma for you

Hi,

Can I ask what the point of doing that is? First of all we get 6000gb data transfer a month (are you gonna use that?) and 600gb storage (how about that?) Im not complaining and I love we got that much storage and bandwidth but I think to be realistic the little bandwidth you will be saving wont be worth your time tinkering for a solution.

But hey if its the challenge your after then by all means.....

-DM

Comment

totally the challenge

the fact that you can hide a sound file in a picture with almost no sign its even there is pretty kewl, kind of like embedding two images together to conceal messages - but actually getting that image to do stuff is really fun

just think of how easy it is to steal music from a website if you take even a minute to look through the source code for a web page
      now imagine how hard that would be if your music was actually playing ninja inside a picture! its like built-in security, no php code necessary

Comment

If you read the article its only supported by winamp. Your viewer would also have to have winamp...

Looks like Winamp can support this feature but not Windows Media Player.
        To put it on a webpage youd have use the standard PLUGIN and configue that plugin to play this merged file.. Ie:winamp

If you tried to use windows media.. youd most likely just get the gif and not the sound.
        Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

which is why i started looking to html docs and flash to see if i could get IE to pick it up as well

Comment

You could still STEAL the file as its in your TEMP DOCS just like anything else.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Ah,

I now see, so its all about the way of the ninja. Have an image playing a song and ask if anyone can figure out where the song is lol, could be a contest. Maybe make it a one and only where's waldo's mp3 player. ;)

-DM

Comment

actually i tried that
                i downloaded a winamp codec for firefox (a little glitchy, it was homemade, but it worked...mostly)
                and I couldn't find the wav file i tested, but i did find the mp3 file i tested - but for the life of me, it wouldnt copy out properly, kept saying it was corrupted or something

Comment

Originally posted by DM Owner View Post
                  Ah,

I now see, so its all about the way of the ninja. Have an image playing a song and ask if anyone can figure out where the song is lol, could be a contest. Maybe make it a one and only where's waldo's mp3 player. ;)

-DM
                  nice, very nice

Comment

Originally posted by RPGesus View Post
                    actually i tried that
                    i downloaded a winamp codec for firefox (a little glitchy, it was homemade, but it worked...mostly)
                    and I couldn't find the wav file i tested, but i did find the mp3 file i tested - but for the life of me, it wouldnt copy out properly, kept saying it was corrupted or something
                    try opening it in sound recorder, but dont play it.. convert the properties and see if that works.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
                      try opening it in sound recorder, but dont play it.. convert the properties and see if that works.

Karen
                      nope, didnt work either
                      i think its garbled because it was a part of the gif file, at the "end" or not

I'm sure there's a way to hack it out, but this would really rattle the cage of the average person trying to decypher it - and I'm running out of ideas to make it play normally

Comment

Working...
                      X