Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sitemap again

Hi all,

If you make amendments to your website do you need to reinstall the sitemap or does it do it automatically?

Jan

Re: sitemap again

Originally posted by j&p04
    Hi all,

If you make amendments to your website do you need to reinstall the sitemap or does it do it automatically?

Jan
    No it doesn't do it automatically. If youonly edit existing pages you don't need to do anything. If you ad new pages or delete some, then create the new sitemap and upload it again.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Navaldesign you have come to my aid once again, can you tell me please whether it is beneficial to have robot text on your page as well as the sitemap?

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by j&p04
        Thanks Navaldesign you have come to my aid once again, can you tell me please whether it is beneficial to have robot text on your page as well as the sitemap?

Jan
        Well, sitemaps help search engines to find pages that otherwise wouldn't be found. Usually crawlers follow the links in a page, but when it comes to dynamic menus or in some cases nav bars, the crawler can't "see" the links. Sitemapers also have the same problem as they use the same algorithms. In my site links between pages almost don't exist, so a crawler wouldn't be able to find all pages. So i created a sitemap html page with all my pages in it, then had it crawled by my sitemaper, manualy edited it to avoid broken links, ant then uploaded it on my site. Robot text helps the search engine crawler find the sitemap file and also to prevent it from crawling certain pages that you don't want it to find.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks again.

Jan

Comment

Working...
          X