Wexford DJ Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wexford DJ Site

Hi guys please review my revamped site. looking for new inspiration, so any views however negative, i will take on board.

www.wexforddj.com

cheers

DJ Cam

Re: Wexford DJ Site

Big improvment from your last one..........well laid out...colours go well....good work.

This page

the text is being covered by the video frame and the video
    is just a black box on my screen.
    Same with the video here: http://wexforddj.com/salsa-djs-wexford.html

Equipment and links text is just a little too big for the menu boxes.

If you lived closer, I would want to book you................
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

hi David, okay i've looked at the pages again, in explorer and firefox and can see no problems with the text, you say you get nothing but a black box. Do you have youtube plugin installed, perhaps that could be the problem, the text behind the black box says "youtube player loading" thats incase anybody with extremely slow connections can make their mind up wether they want to watch them (as the actual youtube player can take an age when page is loading up) on dial up. thanks for your other comments.

Dj Cam
      www.wexforddj.com

Comment

I can view videos at utube but I cannot view other peoples embedded videos
        including many which are posted here.

Have you a link as I have googled and tried a couple but nothing seems to work.
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

i agree with David, your music or video does not come up. go to my site and see how easy and quickly all the videos come up, whether they are WMV files or SWF files. you probably need some help with the correct software for your videos. they should come up immediately. let me know if i can help you out - send me a video and i will convert it and you will see how quickly it will come up
          mrmagoo144
          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Very nice! You have come a long way, so keep up the good work. I had no problem here with your site's videos on IE or FF, however I am not in your target audience area. Good Luck.
            Karen Williams
            Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Originally posted by mrmagoo144 View Post
              i agree with David, your music or video does not come up. go to my site and see how easy and quickly all the videos come up, whether they are WMV files or SWF files. you probably need some help with the correct software for your videos. they should come up immediately. let me know if i can help you out - send me a video and i will convert it and you will see how quickly it will come up
              I'm not to sure of the legal side to showing or playing music videos on your own a platform is, but i do know that by embedding from utube you are ok. - I Think!! lol

www.wexforddj.com

Comment

One other thing
                If you have "google web accelertor" enabled you may need to disable it, as I too had a problem of not being able to view the music videos in the beggining.

www.wexforddj.com

ps. Please let me know if this helped.

DJ Cam

Comment

if you think that a visitor is going to go to your site and he has to do anything special so that your site works, good luck. you have to make it easy for the visitor to see or hear what you want them to see or hear.

good luck
                  mrmagoo144
                  www.videopostcards.info

Comment

why so snotty? mr magoo

i'm only guessing as to what the problem might be for some users who use google web accelerator. thats all.

Comment

Unfortunately hes right, even tho you took it as snotty. You have to design for the visitor, and rather or not they have it installed. You need to do what you can to insure it starts rather they have that accelerator installed or not.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                      02036089024 / United Kingdom
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Absolutely! It always has been and always will be "KISS" (Keep It Sweetly Simple --this is better than the other 'KISS").

You can only assume that every visitor has their system set up with the same settings it came with "out of the box" and can never think that they have invested in the gizmos you think are ordinary.

Personally, I have such a total disdain for sites that hint at such arrogance along with my aversion to most things Google that when I build websites I never include them at all, and neither my clients nor their clientele misses them whatsoever. It's all about making the site perform according to expectation (let alone potential) on every monitor that lands on it .... and THAT is the bottom line, not how pretty it looks or if it is loaded with the advanced toys currently in play (which more likely than not will fade just as quickly).

You owe Magoo an apology, IMO, and have some major re-thinking to do about perspectives with regard to compliant web building technique that is supported throughout our Community -- especially that we are here to help and encourage each other freely!
                        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi guys please review my revamped site. looking for new inspiration, so any views however negative, i will take on board. this was your first post.

i wasnt being snotty, just brutely honest. when i started to put video on the net and was using an inferior hosting company, my daughter told me "Dad unless i can see the folds in the napkins and the color of the flowers, I would not want to look at your video."
                          this is the link that we made for the Hilton project:
                          www.hiltonweddings.info
                          it is tough to digest when your own daughter tells me this, but in the long run she was right. with Blue Voda you have the ability to show off the best video, the best sound on the internet. why would anyone not take advantage of this.

everyone has their expertise. Naval is a genius with scripting, Vasili is a genius with words, thus being able to tell people what to do and how to do it, and so on, i could name quite a few very talented people in this forum. I have worked hard to give the best video on the internet. all i said to you is if you need some help to improve your site, i would be very happy to assist you. By the way it would be for FREE!
                          mrmagoo144
                          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

As i pointed out earlier, I think there may be legal implications in showing music videos on your own platform. If you can answer
                            this question for me, then sure i would not think twice in changing from utube.
                            If i caused offence to mr magoo it was only because of his "Good luck"
                            remark and nothing else. If Mr Magoo is thinking i'm being stubborn, i'm not. this is the first time my music videos have caused any problems
                            in previous "testing ground reviews".

I'm still quite happy to take any comments on the board, as i have in past
                            to benefit to my site.

I would still like to know if "disabling the web accelerator" worked helped.
                            If you can help me with those two queries please let me know.

1 -legal implications !
                            2 -google web accelerator !

If anyone here is also having video issues please tell me. I will try and fix
                            them (within utube). I do recall an email recently from VodaHost highlighting the benefits
                            of enabling a utube player on your site. I.e "hit count" etc.

regards

DJ Cam
                            www.wexforddj.com

www.wexforddj.com

Comment

Hi DJ,

I'l start by saying in general I liked your site. Very nicely done and attractive to your potential audience. I do however want to mention IMHO that I, looking at it from a potential client's view, felt that the utube video part was unnecessary. I believe you would want your audience reading through your site to see what you have to offer rather than looking at videos. I personally found it distracting once I clicked on it. Again, this is just my opinion. Others may like it.
                              One other thing that puzzled me... You currently have a Christmas theme on your site. Does this mean you will be changing your site for each major holiday? My apology if this had already been covered in your previous site attempt.

Comment

Working...
                              X