Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to change paypal button from "subscribe" to "Set Up Direct Debit"

Hi there

I've been on the paypal website and have found creating a subscrbe button fairly painless, even for the likes of me! But I want to change the Subscribe button so the button says "Set Up Direct Debit" or something similar, as we are collecting for a charity.

Is this an easy thing to do?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Becky

Re: how to change paypal button from "subscribe" to "Set Up Direct Debit"

How do you plan on taking the direct debit? You have to have a merchant account and a gateway/virtual teminal for electronic funds transfer, otherwise.. if you plan on taking paypal, you could create your own button and use that.. however, that is NOT direct debit and youd likely LOSE customers the minute they hit paypal and not an eft or virtual terminal.

Easier to just use paypals DONATE button

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Karen

Sorry it took a while to respond but our connection here in Cape Verde is very weak!

We would like to create an option whereby donors can opt to make regular monthly payments to support our work. This is far better as we can then plan our schedule in advance and means the charity can make much better use of time and funds. Many of our supporters have asked for this option, and we want to make it as easy as possible by providing them with a payment button online so they can set up their direct debit (or subscription, if you like).

We will use paypal as our virtual terminal for accepting funds...

I hope this makes sense, and really hope you can help.

All the best
      Becky

Comment

You can do this subscription thru paypal no problem, and it will bill them every month if thats how you choose to do it, however, its still not a direct deposit, or a direct debit. Its done thru paypal and paypal will house the money until you transfer it.

You will find how to do this on your paypal account, its different in each country.. and.. now that i think about it, may not be available in ALL countries.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Karen

I have worked out how to set up a subscribe button, but I really would like the button to say something like "monthly payment" or similar, as people aren't actually subscribing to anything....

Any ideas?

Thanks again....

Comment

Ok... you can create your own image easily..

Make a button yourself, publish it to your server.

Then go into paypal and create the subscription.... then where it asks you what button you want it gives you a chance to add your own image by giving them the url.

so for example if you name and save your image as monthly_payment.jpg

You place the image on your server, then give paypal the url

Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks so much... I will try this right away and let you know how I get on!

Cheers
              Becky

Comment

Sorry.... Total novice... but how do I create a jpg image?

massive apologies for my hopeless capabilities (again!)

Comment

I'll make you one if you want... any preference on colour, style etc?
                  Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

You've been an amzing help. I have your email, so can I email you with the details please?

Thanks so much!

Comment

Originally posted by becdem View Post
                      You've been an amzing help. I have your email, so can I email you with the details please?

Thanks so much!
                      Yes email me

Comment

Amazing, thanks Ramsey. I now have a functioning Pay Pal button on my site!

Comment

Originally posted by becdem View Post
                          Amazing, thanks Ramsey. I now have a functioning Pay Pal button on my site!
                          You're welcome

Comment

Working...
                          X