Gerry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gerry

I want to display three chapters of my new novel, and thought I could use Lightbox, but it appears only to accept images. I scanned the 13 pages into a jpeg format, and posted them on to my page, but am not satisfied with the result. Firstly when they are enlarged they lack acceptable clarity, nor did I really want 13 separate icons.

When previewing the icons increase in size - I set them 90x90 but they enlarge to twice that size on preview, really ugly.

So what then is the alternative? I want to show three - or more chapters as miniature icons and to be able to click them to a readable size. There must be a better way.

The second query re preview is that the text heading on the page refuses to centre - it appears as right justification yet on my website builder page it looks okay.

I'm a new boy [?] not only to this site but also to the world of websites, no doubt I'll get the hang of it.

Re: Gerry

on your first issue, here is what i would do:
    save your document how ever you want your customer to see it when he clicks on the mini icon. let's assume you will save it either by word or by pdf. you name the document anything you want, short, no spaces, no caps is usually the best practice:
    document1.pdf or document1.doc
    you then upload the document with the ftp tool at the top under tools to the public_html directory(this is usually the defualt directory) once this is uploaded. you make an image or text link and the link should be:
    http://www.yourwebsitename.com/document1.pdf or document1.doc which ever format you used.
    now when some one clicks on your image or text link the document will come up on a new page and your visitor can either read or print it out.

as for the 2nd query it's best if you gave us a link to see the problem - takes the guess work out.

good luck
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Re: Gerry

Thanks for prompt resonse, will try.
      Gerry

Comment

Working...
      X