Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Template Copyright Footer

Hi everyone.
    I need some advice. I want to change the default copyright notice in footer of the page template on my blog pages. As of now it just has the "c" symbol.

I am using the Semiologic 5.6.1 theme
    When I go to the theme editor and look at "footer.PHP I see this notice"
    DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE
    # ---------------------
    # The Semiologic theme features a custom.php feature. This allows to hook into
    # the template without editing its php files. That way, you won't need to worry
    # about losing your changes when you upgrade your site.
    #
    # You'll find detailed sample files in the custom-samples folder

I had planned to look at some code and see where I could edit it to take up my name along with the "C" symbol but this theme obviously does not allow that.

Anyone have any ideas on how this can be done?

Thanks ,
    David
    David is the Mindset Immunity Mentor - www.Mobiusman.com

Re: Changing copyright notice in footer

Rule # 1 : Always go to the source for Official Support and Resources!

This comes directly from the facing page for your theme:

Customizing The Captions

The copyright notice and almost every other front end caption is editable under Presentation / Captions:

You can insert some html in captions.

You can find the instructions in the .txt file that can in the Zipped theme folder you downloaded, or online here.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vasili You are amazing. No wonder you are the Generalissimo!

I still don't get it though. In my version of wordpress I don't see 'Presentation" I see 'Design". I understand that these are one in the same but where is "Captions" located.
      No where, and I've looked and looked, can I find that darn setting anywhere.

Can you fine tune your response a bit? Or should I fire my optometrist?

Thanks so much.

...David

Comment

Apparently there is but one path to follow to find the right node to edit the Copyright, and this is PRESENTATION > WIDGETS > and then either FOOTER or COPYRIGHT (the documentation is not clear, and SemiLogic is unfamiliar to me...)

Did you try following or drilling into the Support resources using the link above?
        I went exploring on their site and came up rather shy on any detailed solutions myself after using a combination of key phrases: here is one Seach result for "edit copyright footer" (and where I found the above path) .... and the other search result for "edit footer" which demonstrates a variable between the versions out there (pay particularly close attention to the 3rd and 4th entry).

> Apparently there are not only issues between the versions of Wordpress used, but also the versions of the template (free vs. Pro, 5.0 vs. 5.6 etc.) in combination to the WP versions. A lot of people can't seem to put it together too easily, and the discussions indicate the version you are using is so new that nothing has homogenized yet.

Again, I found these within 3 minutes of intelligently poking around on their website, having learned long ago to march right back to the source to find anything useful .......

SemiLogic Resources ("must reads")
        SemiLogic Support Forums

Comment

Re: Change Template Copyright Footer

Vasili you are definitely the 'go to' guy around here.
          You are incredible.
          I thinking now that this theme is maybe a bit too much of a headache.

Perhaps I'll look around at some others since there does seem to be some conflicts with it.

Thank you hugely!

Over and out.

David

Comment

Re: Change Template Copyright Footer

Originally posted by Attitudinest View Post
            I thinking now that this theme is maybe a bit too much of a headache.David
            I agree completely, as I wondered why you didn't pick up my disdain and unfamiliarity with it earlier ..... ANY of the others will be so simple from here on out you will question yourself to see if you made a mistake somehow! LOLOL

Comment

Working...
            X