Password protected pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password protected pages

Does anyone have some ideas how to assign multiple passwords (such as this forum does) and have them open a common page in my blog. I see that in Wordpress we can configure a single password no problem but multiple ones?
    I don't see anything on that.

Thanks a heap.

...David
    David is the Mindset Immunity Mentor - www.Mobiusman.com

Re: Password protected pages

That is neither recommended nor logical, and as such, will not ever be a feature found on a Blog Administrator Control Panel as an Option or Group Management Tool.

Upon Accepted Registration, Users may change their password (always under approval of Admin), but the very nature of each User being individually registered allows them access to the entire board or to the accessible areas Admin assigns User Groups to via Permissions.

You need to play with your blog a bit to really understand how it works, and to clearly see the emergence of a management logic for you to configure according to your requirements and ability both.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks. Great advice as usual.

I found a way to do it without going through my blog. When the client opens the chat window (Bold Chat) I can ask them for the confidential "key" that was sent to them at sign-up.
      That way I can authenticate who they are and what their status is.

Now I just need to find a tool that generates sequential passwords.

Again, thanks for all that you do.

...David
      David is the Mindset Immunity Mentor - www.Mobiusman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Attitudinest View Post
        Great advice as usual.
        Again, thanks for all that you do....David
        Ask General Navaldesign for a progressive script to install on a BV page to preface your blog.

You do know that you can publish a BV created page alongside your blog that only you can provide the links to access the page, and you can have all kinds of things to invent an additional "process" if you like, right? You could have a target-specific Email Form that you can track to see the origin, and then provide a "KEY" to them; you can simply post the KEY to specific pages, and by using a pre-established KEY will automatically "enroll" into a defined User Group, etc.
        That is, if you don't get what you want form General Navaldesign.....

All kinds of things to accomplish your goals, but you first need to really plan them accordingly so the meat can be put on the bones, so to speak!

Anytime .....
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X