desktop grid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• desktop grid

This little tool along with the BV grid makes life much easier when trying to align elements on your web page.
    http://widgets.yahoo.com/gallery/?search=grid&x=0&y=10
    This places a transparent grid over your whole desktop. You can set the parameters to whatever works for you.
    I have mine set up to Ctrl+Shift+G to make it appear and the same command to make it dissappear. I use it for PhotoShop also.
    In case the link does not work, go to yahoo.com/widgets/gallery and do a search for "grid" and then download the "desktop grid"
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Re: desktop grid

Hi I installed this but how do you run it?I do so need an alignment product.
    Thanks.
    www.stmarysproperties.com
    www.networkedaffiliates.com

Comment

When you installed it there should have been some prompts for your preferences.
      There are no alignment procedures. The grid is stationary. Simply move the window that you are working in to align with the grid.
      CarbonTerry
      Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
      Zone 5 Photo
      My USMC

Comment

Having trouble both saving it or opening it. Not working for me. Any suggestion or tip on how this works? That download has no install option being an application.
        http://www.rogerwrapit.com

Comment

Yahoo has aquired "Widgets". Go to Yahoo and download their "Widget Engine" to a folder. It will give a lot of fun stuff as default but you do not have to open anything you don't want. Don't click on anything you dont want. Go back to the "Grid" widget and down load that to the "engine folder". Click on the grid icon to open it. Ctrl + Shift + G will show and then hide the grid.
          If you just want the grid, download it to somewhere that you can find again. I dont remember if it is a .zip file. I dont think that it is. Simply click on the icon and it will work for you. There is no installation process needed. On a system shut down you may have to click the icon again to get it open.
          Widgets are great little items. I have 15 running all of the time. There is a nice one that allows you to instantly hide and lock your desktop (Lock-it). By entering a password that you have assigned the desktop will re-appear with all windows/programs that were open still intact.
          CarbonTerry
          Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
          Zone 5 Photo
          My USMC

Comment

Thank you, for that explanation. I'll have to try again. Still couldn't get it to work. And I'm knowledgable but this stinker just ain't workin...it installs but won't open. Unless it's my Firefox. May try with IE instead. That may be the problem...not sure.

Comment

After saving the Widget to a directory all you have to do is click on it for it to open. Is your version a zip file?
              CarbonTerry
              Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
              Zone 5 Photo
              My USMC

Comment

No, it didn't load as a zip file Either Open with, or Save to disk options. That's ok, I'll fiddle with it another time. Just won't work...says invalid shortcut.

Comment

Working...
                X