Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deactivate Enter key for submit button

Client ID 28323 - Domain: rotoplast.es

In a form, is there a way to avoid that the Enter key activates the submit button? Sometimes customers forget to use the Tab key to go through the fields and press Enter instead and that sends off the form. Can this be customized or deactivated? Thank you.

Re: Deactivate Enter key for submit button

How many times I have I been filling in a long form on a site and hit the return key instead of the tab!!! Know how your customers feel, but as far as I am aware there isn't... but I will be interested if someone knows of a way?
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Make fields required so if they hit enter they get the error page if its not filled in. This way they go back to the form.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

DOH!!! Of course
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hm... There are LOTS of Javascripts that will disable the Enter key as submit. Some will make the Ener key behave as Tab, others will simply deactivate it. Even Dynamic Drive has one of these scripts.
          Click on http://www.google.it/search?sourceid...ey+form+submit

Of course, if the visitor has his Javascript disabled, it will not work.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X