Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forms !! Am I being really stupid ?

Hi

I have set up a two forms on my website. When you fill them in it just gives you an option to send an email - plus I don't receive the data capture the email tells me the file does not exist !

1) I can not find the tutorials on this subject where are they ?

2) I am doing something stupid ? Why does my form not work probably ?

All help appreciated Thanks

John

Re: Forms !! Am I being really stupid ?

Originally posted by JHGD
    Hi

I have set up a two forms on my website. When you fill them in it just gives you an option to send an email - plus I don't receive the data capture the email tells me the file does not exist !

1) I can not find the tutorials on this subject where are they ?

2) I am doing something stupid ? Why does my form not work probably ?

All help appreciated Thanks

John

The tutorials are at http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/bvt..._basicform.htm

and http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/bvt...rmelements.htm

But you should better have an in depth look at the forms forum. Your form problem might be due to 2 reasons:
    1. Your email, that has to be on your Vodahost account, and
    2. The settings of your email client.

Since the settings problem is something that you cannot controll, you should better opt for the php script processing your form, which is more reliable.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks I'll give it a try !

Comment

Is there a demo re PHP thing ? I have viewed the forms demos and have set up the forms correctly. But they don't work ? What is PHP - how to I set it up ?

thanks

John

Comment

This is getting really frustrating from what I can see I have set up evrything correctly both forms and e mail www.jhgd.co.uk/Quote and www.jhgd.co.uk/index and both these pages. I not sure what PHP is - why isn't there a demo for this ? Can anybody help me ?

Thanks

John

Comment

Originally posted by JHGD
            Is there a demo re PHP thing ? I have viewed the forms demos and have set up the forms correctly. But they don't work ? What is PHP - how to I set it up ?

thanks

John
            let's make a short summary: Your firm gathers the info that your client types in. when he submits, tand if the form action is set ta call a php script, the info is passed to the script. The script makes the eventuall validation of the fields, and then creates and sends you an email through your own server. Then the script redirects the visitor to a Thankyou (or confirmation) page to let him know that everything was ok.

At the bottom of the first tutorial page that i gave you before, there is a general purpose php script. It wiil email you the info, but, as it is, can't perform any validation for empty fields or so. If it is ok for you, go on and follow the instructions that will guide you step by step to resolve your problem, if not, post again. However the links you have provided are wrong.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

HI thanks for your reply.

I am being silly I didn't see the piece on php underneath the demo - i didn't realise you had to scroll down - D'oh . I will have a try and post again (maybe tomorrow now its 22.04) if i have problems . tahnks for your patience !

John

Comment

Couldn't help but notice your post in another forms question.

I really like your logo you have, its very good. I would use it in your confirmation page.
                See sample I made, to see the difference. I think it would go with your site.

http://www.fromtheheartofangels.com/...en_Design.html

http://www.fromtheheartofangels.com/

Comment

Working...
                X