Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constructive Criticism Please

Hi all

I've updated the site and would be grateful for your views please?

www.decor4kids.co.uk

My last site was very basic if any of you remember, so i think its a bit more sophisticated this time.

look forward to your comments.

Neil
    Craftaholic Supplies, The Home For All Your Papercraft Needs.

Re: Constructive Criticism Please

Hey, Neil ....

Your page 'edge' margins are not consistent page-to-page.

On the Gallery page, the Headings are not formatted properly ... running out of the "box" probably due to your text box not being sized properly? Or maybe a missing extra 'space' at the end of the text (which makes the line present as if line-and-half spacing)?
    Your Mural Gallery images look like they have been distorted due to improper sizing methods (to me, anyway).

I like the simplicity and crispness of your dynamic Header elements.

The color scheme is a bit bold, but it seems to work adequately. Orange and Black are pretty "hot" for this site's genre, IMO, and don't really balance the heavy use of blues throughout (everything from the images being softer, to the ads and commands). Was this because the PayPal buttons came that way and "projected" the scheme backwards? You could have always opted to create your own buttons ....

Well thought out.
    I would have lessened the "About Us" prominence to possibly have a visitor option with more value to them, maybe something like "News" (where you could 'report' on new trends, new projects/projects to inspire, or even Parent Tips to keep kids busy and engaged when the weather spoils outdoor play), or even a "Kid's Calendar," or planning tools that might even include a "Growth Chart" where parents can plan a wish list of products on a loose suggested schedule you would offer --- even new ideas: ever think about a wall mural stencilled so the kids can paint it themselves, or one that incorporated a writing board? Something like that.
    You could have then put "About Us" in the footer navigation (the top and footer nav do not have to match, you know, as long as the text/footer links include all of the links: the buttons and dynamics are never picked up by the SE's!)

Speaking about the footer ... as long as you are in business (especially selling on the web), where is your "Policies"??

Overall, a great job!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Neil,

Have you considered linking your text boxes "Party Stationary" and "Online Shop" to those particular pages to avoid having to use the nav bars?

Paul

Comment

Thanks for both of your comments. i have started implemeting sopme of these.

Vasili as usual your comments are and suggestions are very welcome and helpful in everyway.

Many Thanks
        Craftaholic Supplies, The Home For All Your Papercraft Needs.

Comment

Anytime!

Looking for "Policy"?? > http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/270155-post2.html
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X