X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to Voda Host and the Blue Voda website builder

www.youreyesandhands.com
    id# 25975

Back in March as the birth of my first child was growing near, I had decided to take what was an interest and hobby and attempt to turn it into a part time career and eventually a full time one and build a movie and gaming news and information website.

I spent the next four months researching webdesign, and website building software. During which I was introduced to Voda Host and the Blue Voda website builder. I then conceptualized, designed, redesigned, and re-re-designed my site using the website builder. I found the video tutorials extremely helpful as well as these support forums anytime I hit a wall, or was having an issue or needing to know how I could accomplish something I wanted for my webdesign.

Once the look and feel had connected with my ideas and visions for it, I published and luanched the site on September 28th, 2008 and since have been trying to optimize the site so it displays better on the web. I have been adding content, exploring other possible features to add to the site, debugging, and imporving it. I have been submitting it to search engines and researching and setting up resources to pull my information from as well as affiliate programs to display on the site to bring in revenue.

I am so very proud and pleased to have accomplished what I have using the Voda Hosting and Blue Voda Website Builder and do not like to think about where I would be right now in the process had I not had the pleasure of being introduced to these valuable and easy to use tools.

I am always looking for input on the webiste and look forward to hearing from anyone who takes a little time out of their day to visit the website and take a look around. I hope you like what you see and if you see anything to comment about, please let me know. Please visit www.youreyesandhands.com !

With many thanks
    Jeigh

Re: Thanks to Voda Host and the Blue Voda website builder

Nice website, How did you do the streeming banner at the top of your homepage?

Comment

not sure what you are trying to sell or offer, but a lot of effort and thought went into the site. i just think it is necessary to tell people as soon as they go to the site to tell them why the site is here. i looked at it a second time and what i get is you are telling people about movies and games? not sure. the only other thing i would fix is the linking - it looks like you have the target as blank and it should be either self or nothing. the only time you want to use blank is when you have the visitor leave your website, such as the link for netflix. when the visitor goes to netflix and they are done with netflix, once they are finished with netflix they will x out at the top right and that will still leave them on your site. as you have this now they have to open a new browser with each page.
      good luck
      mrmagoo144
      www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thanks primalleather. The streaming banner at the top is a marquee. It is one of the insert tools, its next to the shape tool or if you click the insert tab it is on it's list.

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to look around at the site mrmagoo144 and for your input, it is really appreciated. As far as the purpose of the site....there are many movie or gaming information sites on the web. Yahoo Movies, superherohype.com, ign.com all are some examples of different types of those sites. They are information sites where people go to get info on films or gaming. As time goes on the info on my site will grow and other features will be added. People can get info from my site. What my site does is archive information from other sites out there. What I intend is that people can get different info from different sites by coming to my site. I'm not selling anything to the visitors. I'm archiving information for people that want to find it. It isn't a new concept, just trying to get into the action. The action is having affiliates that have products related to the content on the site and then taking advantage of my visitors shopping through those affiliate links. I also intend the site to offer a venue for film and gaming companies to advertise on my site. See I hope to generate traffic on the site. As that traffic travels from my site across the web and to other sites as well as to the vendors sites (nintendo.com for instance) they monitor and track that traffic and where it enters there site from. That information woudl lead back to my site and that can lead to a relationship between my site and their's which they may want to persue as a venue to advertise. I will also look to recieve free products from them that I can review and talk about on my site and or give testimonials for which is an invaluable form of advertising to these companies. As far as the linking issues....I am aware of the popup browsers and had tried to rectify it by changing it to every other selection besides blank and it did not effect that no matter the selcetion so I am not sure what the solution is. Thanks again for your time and input! ;-]

Comment

Working...
          X