PDA

View Full Version : Brand new to web-building so tutorials were greek! :-)

Laurie
06-03-2005, 04:58 PM
Hi!
I am so excited to have published my first page..Now I want to publish my second page. Am I correct that I need to "link" the home page with the second page? And that means that when they click on my navigtion bars they will be taken to the appropriate place right??

I watched the tutorial..(twice mind you!!) and I am not sure if Iunderstand it correctly. :roll: ..Do I understand it to mean that I have to highlight all text and pictures seperately and link them with the URL from the homepage?

Last question..what is the difference between "navigation bars" and "buttons"?? OK one more! :D .....can I seperate the navigation buttons??

Thanks everyone for putting up with me!!

Laurie

Laurie
06-07-2005, 02:51 PM
I posted this on Saturday....and no one replied....
sigh..alone...bereft, abandonded by bluevoda!...sniff sniff

Hi!
I am so excited to have published my first page..Now I want to publish my second page. Am I correct that I need to "link" the home page with the second page? And that means that when they click on my navigtion bars they will be taken to the appropriate place right??

I watched the tutorial..(twice mind you!!) and I am not sure if Iunderstand it correctly. :roll: ..Do I understand it to mean that I have to highlight all text and pictures seperately and link them with the URL from the homepage?

Last question..what is the difference between "navigation bars" and "buttons"?? OK one more! :D .....can I seperate the navigation buttons??

Thanks everyone for putting up with me!!

Laurie

Maddog
06-07-2005, 04:04 PM
Hi,

Will try to answer your question

1. A naviagtion button is what people will press to go around your site i.e. page 1 to 5 etc, 5, a button is what you use to submit your question here.

2. you only need to creat a hype-link from your 1st page(index) to you 2nd page, this can be nav button/button words etc, depending on what you use the linking is the address of you page i.e. "http://www.yourwebsitename/page2name

3. you can change to size of buttons or use the templates or set one at a time where you want them

Hope that helps

Maddog

www.easttilburyinfantschool.com

bcw757
06-07-2005, 04:05 PM
Ok. I'll give it a try.

A navigation bar would be the best way to go, it's what I use on my pages. It's a lot easier to use, becasue Bvoda comes with a Navigation Bar Wizard. (See Picture Below) I would first try this, and if you are still having problems, post again, and I will try and throw up a couple of screen shots...

Laurie
06-07-2005, 07:31 PM
Ok. I'll give it a try.

A navigation bar would be the best way to go, it's what I use on my pages. It's a lot easier to use, becasue Bvoda comes with a Navigation Bar Wizard. (See Picture Below) I would first try this, and if you are still having problems, post again, and I will try and throw up a couple of screen shots...

Thanks everyone!! I feel SOOO MUCH BETTER!!! :-)

Maddog
06-07-2005, 09:42 PM
Thanks everyone!! I feel SOOO MUCH BETTER!!! :-)

your very welcome