Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setting up account

I got a new domain name from you guys.
    I have another one I want to move to my new account.
    the one from you guys will call www.newvada.com
    my other will call www.beforevada.com
    How can I get both to be searched online with both seperate folders and seperate index files?
    is this called pointing, addon or sub.
    When either name is in the adress bar they must only have their own names it can not be www.newvada.com/beforevada.htm
    what do I need to do?

Re: setting up account

you have to add your addon domain in control panel, in this case you add www.beforevoda.com as an addon domain of your main domain www.newvoda.com . Because it is an addon domain, you can view your www.beforevoda.com by typing few name, either:
    1. www.newvoda.com/beforevoda
    2. www.beforevoda.newvoda.com
    3. or only their own name www.beforevoda.com
    visit here to learn more
    http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/dom...r-website.html
    Nyoman

Comment

How can I switch the names so my new www.newvada.com is not the main account.
      It is more important that my www.beforevoda.com is the top spot.
      or does it really not matter?
      How will it look for the search engine?

Comment

Originally posted by johnny5
        It is more important that my www.beforevoda.com is the top spot.
        or does it really not matter?
        How will it look for the search engine?
        It will look like an independent site
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

It is more important that my www.beforevoda.com is the top spot
          you have to open support ticket and ask vodahost to change your main domain, click here http://www.support.vodahost.com/
          main domain and addon domain are different website and will have different directory, and will appear in search engine as a different website, sometime addon domain can take over the main domain, it is dipend on how you optimise your SEO on your website. The only different is main domain has more control than addons domain. And ofcourse the main control is on yours
          Nyoman

Comment

I would like to say thank you to both who replied. It's great to see we have cool people to help out. I will contact support to have the other account name the main site.

Comment

Working...
            X