Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Publishing To Add-on??

Hello

Im having a few problems. I am trying to publish two websites.
    I initially published the first to see if I can get hyperlinking to work. Upon publishing the second site through add on domains it created a combination of both sites.

I have now decided to use the second sites template for both sites so have s****ped the first site structure until I have completed it from the first template.

First problem The first www.floridafoodguide.com sites name still appears on the web address it should be www.sydneyfoodguide.com how can I change this?

I am presuming that i can have two sites running from one account. How can I set this up? I am presuming that i have done this incorrectly!

I have worked on my home pc and my work pc to create the sites. How can i transfer the template that I have created on work pc to my home pc?

Can anybody advise me on these matters?

Kind regards

dave

Re: Newbie problems

Which is your Main site domain name ? and which is the 2nd addon domain name ?
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Re: Newbie problems

Hi David

www.floridafoodguide.com is main site www.sydneyfoodguide.com is second site

thanks

dave

Comment

Re: Newbie Question

If, as you say, you created your add-on domain directory properly (and the DNS entry was made properly as well), it appears you are confused on how to Publish to different directories (it looks like you are Publishing Sydney pages to the Florida domain in error). How To Create an Add-On

If Florida is your Primary account domain, when you Publish a page to the Primary Domain (Florida) you leave the public_html/ directory field empty in the Publish Dialog Box, so it publishes to the main domain Directory ..... to publish to your Sydney site (the "add-on" domain), you need to specify which directory to Publish to, so you need to "add-on" some information, entering it thus: public_html/sydneyfoodguide.com

Go back and publish the proper pages to the proper Directory and you should be done.

*Do a Forum Search on how to transfer files from computer to computer ... there are numerous threads that discuss many methods.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: About Publishing To Add-on??

Hi
          Thanks for your info very helpfull. I have added a add on domain (sydneyfoodguide.com) but i think i have done it wrong. Do you know how i can delete this add on domain and start agian?
          Kind regards
          Dave

Comment

Go into your Cpanel
            click on the addon domains icon
            then delete the appropiate addon domain

Please be sure that this is what you wish to do as you will loss any info contained in that domain website...............
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
            Newbies / Beginners Forum
            FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
            My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
            Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Re: Newbie Question

Your "SydneyFoodGuide.com" domain is properly added to your account, but the server cannot find any add-on domain directory to "present" .... (that is why you see the Server Error Message).

Whatever you did to "create" an add-on earlier, go back and un-do it entirely. Then, review the Tutorial on adding domains mentioned earlier (review it as many times as it takes to understand the process) --- following the steps slowly one at a time.

Then, Publish your pages as detailed:

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
              How To Create an Add-On

If Florida is your Primary account domain, when you Publish a page to the Primary Domain (Florida) you leave the public_html/ directory field empty in the Publish Dialog Box, so it publishes to the main domain Directory ..... to publish to your Sydney site (the "add-on" domain), you need to specify which directory to Publish to, so you need to "add-on" some information, entering it thus: public_html/sydneyfoodguide.com

Go back and publish the proper pages to the proper Directory and you should be done.

Comment

Hi, I am having a similar problem with a addon domain. I have added the new addon domain ok. After many attempts I have even had it say it was published by public_html/miniwebpro.com. However when I type into my browser to check it www.miniwebpro.com I get a Blue Voda web page.
                Your thoughts please.
                Regards
                Craig

Comment

If you have done each step as outlined, there is no room for error whatsoever. THUS you did, or are trying to do something improperly.

I cannot see what you have done, let alone spot your error, so I have to "deduce" the following:
                  > Personally, it looks like you re-directed your domain incorrectly (wherever you left it) to the VodaHost.com website, or failed to remove it and perform DNS configuration to your VodaHost account.

You do know the difference between setting DNS and "re-direct" ??
                  Because your domain is in fact delivering to the VodaHost website (VodaHost.com), this is a "re-direct" setting .... and DNS stands for Domain Name Servers, a command ID that refers to a specific hosting server ......since the re-direct is still active, this indicates you need to remove it and then finish the DNS settings in the same control panel at the provider your domain resides.

DNS TUTORIALS

Comment

Re DNS and redirect...no not really. It is a voda purchased domain. I will go back into Cpanel and double check where it is pointing.

Comment

The domain is pointing at www.miniwebpro.com/ as per the following. I set up a redirect just in case.
                      Addon DomainsDocument RootUsernameRedirects toActionsminiwebpro.com /public_html/miniwebpro.comminiwebprohttp://miniwebpro.com/

Does this supply any glues? Your help is appreciated.

Comment

You need to remove those redirects and sign in to voda host billing , my packages and then your domians are listed there..and you choose there where to point them.

You need the complete NS numbers Ie: NS.Voda20.com

Somewhere in tehre you just typed vodahost.com

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                        02036089024 / United Kingdom
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

hi - I have created public_html/sydneyfoodguide twice there is now two folders with this name, should i delete this file?

In add on domain it is saying that there is no add on domain configured?

secondly i get the message :

Error from domain wrapper: Domain already exists, it was not added.: sydneyfoodguide.floridafoodguide.com

The account has been reset recently by vodahost recently?

Any info greatly appreciated.
                          thanks

Comment

Did you remove the redirects?

How did you create the addons? Did you click the icon Addon Domain.. or did you just make a folder?

It should make two folders, but you only use one of them.. normally lower case is the one you need to use

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                            02036089024 / United Kingdom
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Karen
                              I have not created any redirects, I created the add on domain through the add on domain in cpanel. But when i publish to public_html/sydneyfoodguide.com I get this page Great Success !
                              Apache is working on your cPanel® and WHM™ Server

When i go there it says you have no add on domains configured but when i go to configure www.sydneyfoodguide.com as add on domain it says its already configured.

Any clues!!

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X