Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Rate My Site!

Hello Everyone,

I would like to hear your oppinion. Please be kind! I currently have an error at the top that I'm currently working to fix. But other then that I would like your feedback. This is a site focused on Montgomery County, Texas. Anyway I look forward to hearing from everyone. Ideas, suggestions, how it looks, loads, etc. Thanks for your time! Hope everyone is having a great day!
    Here's the link.

Re: Please Rate My Site!

I dont believe that this is a site yet, true, you have a home page with quite a few links(all working) but no content yet.

Dark colours dont normally work, but in this case I think its justified.

In my opinion, I think that your advertising rates are a little high.

Come back for another review when you have some worthwhile content.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

I agree with David that your fees are out of line.
      They are supposed to be an "opportunity" for your website to prove itself, not just pay the rent from day one! How can you justify anyone to be the first subscriber?
      Do you have any comparatives collected? Not just other websites, but alongside Newspaper, Radio, CableTV and the like ... the lineup of promotional alternatives to your site? You need a means to demonstrate value, inasmuch everything your promise is yet untried. And please do not think that you need to start out with such a comprehensive marketing plan with so many elements to justify the rate structure .... most savvy busniness owners would rather start out small and see you do one or two things ecxcellently with measurable results than hope you do everything promised only so-so.

Don't forget that if/when this single site does become viable, you can always splinter it off into separate sites altogether, each new site devoted to a "section" that already has proven it's vitality to the commuity and has a client list that is more likely to follow it.

There are more than one way to skin a cat, but you gotta catch it first!
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

First of all let me say that I appreciate your opinions. I was hoping for alittle more input on the look of the site, load time, suggestions as far as making it better. As far as my pricing goes. I'm very well known in this town being a former Flair Bartender and Karaoke DJ the nitelife has been my life for many years. With that being said its not like I'm some joe blow off the street who no one knows. Plus being a Woman in this field is a definite plus. I've priced what it would take to run an ad in the paper for a week and it can cost over $400 for our local paper and I know that our local business owners realize this. So I'm not sure why you think my prices are so out of line. It's a dollar a day and actually its less then that because with their annual contract they are getting a free month so 13 months for the price of 12. Maybe you are referring to the local hots section. I'm not sure.
        Anyway, thanks for your opinion. I know I ask for it. I guess I was expecting a little more positive feedback not just feedback on my pricing.
        Also I thought this was a place to have your site reviewed for when your just starting out. But since I don't actually have a site because of it not having content added yet. I guess I wasted your time and mine. So I do apolize for mistaking this form as a place for feedback for a new site that just been uploaded minus the content. I won't be posting on here again.
        Negativity is not my cup of tea. I'm to much of an upbeat person to have other people bringing me down.
        Last edited by internetgeek; 11-13-2008, 05:49 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

I agree with the comments about the dark background often not working but in this case it goes with the theme of your site.

However I find it always restricts you on the colours you can use for your fonts. I find that the mix of red, blue and purple fonts makes your site look cheap. Which is further cheapened by the flames.
          Theses are my thoughts:
          - If you must stay with the night time theme, then I think you need to pick one font colour and stick with it throughout your site.
          - You need to also decide on a font size and stick with that too.
          - On your homepage "making this site easy to navigate and to find what your looking for! "should probably read "making this site easy to navigate and to find what your are looking for! "
          - You need unique titles for each page rather than "Montgomery County Nitelife. Com" on every one
          - I believe strongly that you need to get rid of the flames. I'm sure most people have experimented with these "special effects" over the years but eventually we all tire of them and go back to the less tacky options and therefore improve the look of our pages.

One other thought to consider. You seem to have a menu on the left of each page, then all your print is contained within a box beside it. Have you tried making the backgrounds of these boxes a light colour? If you picked a light colour that complimented the starry background, then you could use a font colour like this or thisor thisor this that would compliment your night theme, yet make it a whole easier to read.

Hopefully you find this constructive
          www.ArlineFishingCharter.co.nz
          www.NewZealandFishingCharter.com
          www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

Hi, personally i would look at customers getting advertising totally free for 1 year, & charging after this period on how many referrals you have sent to an advertisers site. I personally wouldn't pay for advertising until a site can prove how many hits it is getting in each of the area's.

Good luck.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
            X