web site help (oscommerce)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• web site help (oscommerce)

Hi! i am new to this web site thing. Can sobody please explain to me what is going on no 1 I signed up with VodaHost for one year. I have my domain name which is y-notsoap and more.com and payed someone else to build me a site with Oscomer. can you please tell me .... are VodaHost and Oscomer the same thing? Or are they different websites? Please explain it to me.
    Thank you,

Re: web site help

I believe that you mean oscommerce which is one of the free shopping carts that come with a vodahost account.
    You need to communicate with the person who is building your website......
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Hi! David I try to communicate with them with no respond I got a few videos except this one They were supposed to have my site up by the middle of the month I keep sending emails with no respond can someone help me with the rest of the videos any help will be appreciated
      Thank you
      Part VII: Uploading and inserting products into OSCommerce

Comment

Afraid I cant help you with shopping carts, but I will move this to a better forum.
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Re: web site help (oscommerce)

VodaHost is the company that provides hosting accounts, and as mentioned above, also provides a number of eCommerce solutions for clients for free via the Fantastico! panel available in your Control Panel.

There are a number of eCommerce solutions (shopping carts) to choose from, most are Open Source, and all are capable for just about any size business venture out there. These include CUBE Cart, Soholaunch (which is also a web-builder), and osCommerce. This means, however, that VodaHost and osCommerce are entirely separate, as would ***** and Microsoft be.

Fantastico! allow you to install automatically osCommerce to your VodaHost Account with just a click or two, and although many Video Tutorials are provided by VodaHost, it is recommended that clients seek support directly from the various osCommerce websites directly. This is also important, as you can Search through their Support Forums for a specific solution without having to wait.

As Open Source, osCommerce is rendered very friendly when it comes to customizing and maintaining yourself, so you need not have outsourced to someone to set your OSC cart up unless you are completely unable to do things yourself.

With respect to your situation .... if this video came from the "company" that you contracted to build your cart (as I deduce from the link to the video itself > http://videos.cormarcompany.com/viewforum.php?f=9&st=0&sk=t&sd=d&start=0 -- which does not work for me, by the way), this "CormarCompany.com" is also another VodaHost customer, yet the identity has been shielded due to Domain Privacy having been purchased. The site itself looks like an OSC "Candle Store" and not anything like a design company, so I presume you are doing business with the owner of this site directly .......

Whatever arrangement you have with an outsourced provider (whomever that may actually be) falls within your responsibility to work out to your satisfaction: VodaHost has nothing to do with, nor can intervene with any such situations. VodaHost merely provides domain name and hosting services.

osCommerce Official Website
          osCommerce Support
          osCommerce Add-on Library

VodaHost Support
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi! Vasili thanks

Comment

Hi! Vasili sorry for the double post I am having problems login in. My question is if a person signs up with VODA HOST for a year doesn't that mean they can build a web site with them. And if yes why do i need oscommerce please help me to anderdant what is going on and youre right I don't know nothing about web sites.
              Thanks for your time

Comment

You dont have to build with OSCommerce. You can build with whatever you want. If you do use it.. it will be on your vodahost account, not the oscommerce if thats what you are thinking.. its on your account/server. Its like word is on computer or notepad etc.

Try running thru some of the tutorials or click to take the tour.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

osCommerce is a free e-commerce script which you can use to build your online store. The installation process is very simple, just copy the files on your ftp server and go to url/install/ and follow the instructions on screen.

After the installation remove the install directory and login into the admin panel by going to url/admin.

Good Luck.

Comment

Working...
                  X