Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash menu help

Hi

I have created a flash menu bar in flash cs3 but it wont work on my site.
    I have added the .swf file and it appears fine but when i try the buttons it does nothing. i have added the code to each button and works fine in flash but not on the website.

Any help would be appreciated.

Neil
    Craftaholic Supplies, The Home For All Your Papercraft Needs.

Re: Flash menu help

If its for the decor site.. i see it.. has checks and kinda switches color... no sound or anything.. is that what you mean?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Karen

The one that changes to check mark is the original one that i put up temporarily until i'd made the menu bar in flash myself.

I have just published it on my privacy policy page and it seems to work for me now. The reason I asked the question firstly was that it wouldn't work in preview but would when i made it in flash. sorry didn't realise i would have to publish it for it to work. Its been a long day tweaking and probably needed the break before asking the question. I would apreciate it if it could be tried by someone else before i change all pages to ensure it works.

www.decor4kids.co.uk/privacypolicy.html

Thank you for your time.

Neil.

Comment

Originally posted by neil1980 View Post
        Hi

I have created a flash menu bar in flash cs3 but it wont work on my site.
        I have added the .swf file and it appears fine but when i try the buttons it does nothing. i have added the code to each button and works fine in flash but not on the website.

Any help would be appreciated.

Neil
        Previewing a Flash element requires not just "adding the .SWF file" link to the Flash Box, but also uploading it to your server in the public_html/ directory, just as you need to do as part of Publishing.

It is possible, however, to Preview a Flash element without uploading any file to the server by linking to a .FLA file from the local host instead (your computer). Just remember to swap the links back out to .SWF before Publishing. Unfortunately, many Flash editors/Creators do not automatically create a .FLA nor have the ability to SAVE AS another file.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks Vasili makes more sense now. As always your normal helpful self. Is there no end to your talents?!

Comment

Working...
          X