PDA

View Full Version : Flash menu help

neil1980
11-13-2008, 04:43 PM
Hi

I have created a flash menu bar in flash cs3 but it wont work on my site.
I have added the .swf file and it appears fine but when i try the buttons it does nothing. i have added the code to each button and works fine in flash but not on the website.

Any help would be appreciated.

Neil

Karen Mac
11-13-2008, 05:53 PM
If its for the decor site.. i see it.. has checks and kinda switches color... no sound or anything.. is that what you mean?

Karen

neil1980
11-13-2008, 06:38 PM
Hi Karen

The one that changes to check mark is the original one that i put up temporarily until i'd made the menu bar in flash myself.

I have just published it on my privacy policy page and it seems to work for me now. The reason I asked the question firstly was that it wouldn't work in preview but would when i made it in flash. sorry didn't realise i would have to publish it for it to work. Its been a long day tweaking and probably needed the break before asking the question. I would apreciate it if it could be tried by someone else before i change all pages to ensure it works.

www.decor4kids.co.uk/privacypolicy.html (http://www.decor4kids.co.uk/privacypolicy.html)

Thank you for your time.

Neil.

Vasili
11-13-2008, 07:13 PM
Hi

I have created a flash menu bar in flash cs3 but it wont work on my site.
I have added the .swf file and it appears fine but when i try the buttons it does nothing. i have added the code to each button and works fine in flash but not on the website.

Any help would be appreciated.

NeilPreviewing a Flash element requires not just "adding the .SWF file" link to the Flash Box, but also uploading it to your server in the public_html/ directory, just as you need to do as part of Publishing.

It is possible, however, to Preview a Flash element without uploading any file to the server by linking to a .FLA file from the local host instead (your computer). Just remember to swap the links back out to .SWF before Publishing. Unfortunately, many Flash editors/Creators do not automatically create a .FLA nor have the ability to SAVE AS another file.

neil1980
11-13-2008, 07:43 PM
Thanks Vasili makes more sense now. As always your normal helpful self. Is there no end to your talents?!