Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text Area Help

Hi guys,

I will become a new client very soon and I am already designing my football club website www.highgatealbionfc.com.

I want to use a text area to inform the players of their next fixtures but I do not want anybody to be able to alter the text on the net. Only those with access to the control panel must be able to alter the text area.

Any idea how to do it?

Many thanks

Iribar

Re: Text Area Help

Originally posted by Iribar
    Hi guys,

I will become a new client very soon and I am already designing my football club website www.highgatealbionfc.com.

I want to use a text area to inform the players of their next fixtures but I do not want anybody to be able to alter the text on the net. Only those with access to the control panel must be able to alter the text area.

Any idea how to do it?

Many thanks

Iribar
    I'm not sure I quite understand what you're asking. When you publish a page with let's say a table with the fixtures, NOBODY can change that page except you, or someone to whome you have provided your username and password. So there is no chance that someone changes that page if not authorized so.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Navaldesign,

Thanks for coming back. As explained before I am just building my new site with Vodahost and I have a form text area that you can scroll up and down wit the fixtures of my football teams. When I go to check up the result in the preview, you can enter more info in the text are or delete whatsoever is in it.

I am looking for some hmtl script that would not allow this to happens.

I hope you understand me now.

Unfortunately, my site is not on the net yet and the one I quoted in my previous message is my current one that is gonna be totally changed in design.

Regards

F. Pastor

Comment

Originally posted by Iribar
        Hi Navaldesign,

Thanks for coming back. As explained before I am just building my new site with Vodahost and I have a form text area that you can scroll up and down wit the fixtures of my football teams. When I go to check up the result in the preview, you can enter more info in the text are or delete whatsoever is in it.

I am looking for some hmtl script that would not allow this to happens.

I hope you understand me now.

Unfortunately, my site is not on the net yet and the one I quoted in my previous message is my current one that is gonna be totally changed in design.

Regards

F. Pastor
        If you you use a form text area to put in your text, any user that sees that page in his computer, can change the text in the textarea. BUT THE ORIGINAL TEXT is included in the html page in your site, so the changes that they do are only on their screens. They don't affect in any way your page content, because those changes don't get to your site.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi,

Thanks, your help is much appreciated.

Regards

F. Pastor

Comment

If you are wanting to have your content in a text area, so they scroll down the content not the entire page you can either

1) Use text area, and in the <textarea> tag have it <textarea readonly>, this make it so the text cannot be deleted out of a textbox, only highlighted.

2) Use an iframe, this will display the content in a frame that will scroll up and down, and not the menu or header.

Thats what I got from what you said, I hope that helps, if not sorry

Register/Login Script
            Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

If i understand your concern correctly, once you have published your page to the Internet, the information you put on your page cannont be changed except by you or whomever you have provided password priviliges to.

Comment

Originally posted by Who knows
                If i understand your concern correctly, once you have published your page to the Internet, the information you put on your page cannont be changed except by you or whomever you have provided password priviliges to.
                Exactly
                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                X