This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colors on web pages jumbled

Hello, I'm not sure if I should send a support ticket or ask for help here. My (add-on) website is www.liliesofthefieldflorals.com and the problem I'm having is that I've created pages with shapes and made the shapes different colors per pages for my website. The pages look fine on my computer yet when I publish the pages that are different colors, they get mixed up. Kind of hard to explain, so see my site and Click tab Weddings, and then green, blue, orange and you'll see what I mean. I haven't published all the colors yet until I fix this problem. Any helpful comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Colors on web pages jumbled

This is NOT a problem for support.............

It looks as if you have created 4 different pages
    Main page which contains 3 Iframes.

Now you can change the background colours of the iframes as you have already done.
    But, you cannot change the background of your main page unless you use some code when someone clicks on the colour menu.

However, you could create/duplicate a different coloured main page for each colour linked to the colour menu.................
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Hi David and thanks for your reply.

Please bear with me as I am a real novice in this and I'm confused.

I built my home (index) page using shapes (large center rectangle and then the stripes top and bottom and then filled in the shape colors green. I didn't use Iframes but used an HTML insert on the home page to insert script for slide-show from Picasa.

The about page was created the same way minus slide-show with a text and image insert. Same with the contact page with a form insert. FAQ page does have an Iframe for the text, but as for my understanding this is the only Iframe I used. Are the Marquee and Ad-Banner rotator considered Iframes?

The Wedding - Color pages were created the same way with shapes filled in with the color that match the page name. On these pages I used a Marquee on the left for the scrolling names of the colors of blue, or white, etc. text insert in the center and an Ad-Banner rotator on the right side for pictures.

So all that to say, I believe I did create or duplicate a different colored page for each color linked to the color menu and named them accordingly.

So why do they look correct as created in my computers Blue Voda file and then change when published?

i just published the Weddings - Pink link and now my home page etc is pink instead of the green I created it in??

I'm at a total loss here, thanks for any help.

Comment

No, the Marquee and Ad-Banner rotator are not Iframes but they looked like iframes to me......................lol
        Novel way of using them I must say.

I dont quite get what is changing colour where..............?¿
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Comment

If you look at my website the home page, about, faq, and contact page should all be green (center rectangle and stripes top & bottom) are different shades of green.

I made them all the same color trying to avoid the problem I'm having. Look at the bottom of the contact page - the 3 stripes are the green they are supposed to be, but the center shape and the top stripes are pink. The pink page is the last one I loaded.

If you look at the blue page, the word blue in the center is blue as is the scrolling marquee on the left side, but the whole shape (rectangle isn't blue as I created it). There is also 1 blue stripe at the bottom of the stripes where all the stripes were created with different tones of blue. Make sense? Likewise the green page should be the color of the center shape text background and all stripes different tones of green. Orange page should be orange, etc.

As I said in previous post, that's how I created the pages and how they were saved on my computer and yet each time I publish a new "colored" page that new color becomes the background color on all pages, such as the pink that is now taking center stage. If I were now to publish the red page, all would now beome red at least in part. All stripes and center rectangle don't become red, some will stay pink, or green, or blue. I don't know why?

Thanks David for taking the time to reply back & forth on this as I haven't a clue.

Comment

I had to import one of your pages before I could find out what the problem was.

On your contact page you have used pink IMAGES as blocks

If you delete these pink blocks and replace them with shape blocks then the colours can be changed on each page to suit.
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Comment

Again thanks for your time David. I'm not quite sure sure what you mean on my contact page I have used pink images as blocks (I thought I did use shape blocks when I created them) even after I look at my saved created pages.

But from what you've said, it does seem to be on my end as opposed to software - so I will keep trying to fix it and let you know.

Thanks,
              Cindy

Comment

David, I finally have the correct colors on the pages as they were meant to be viewed.

I created a new template and changed the shapes colors and then published but was still having the same problem, so...I created all new pages individually and that seemed to work. Still don't understand why but I'm happy it worked.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Glad you got it sorted...............good luck with your website.
                  Have fun
                  Regards..... David

Comment

Working...
                  X