Block Vulgar Form Posts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Block Vulgar Form Posts?

I recently built a website for someone and they are receiving vulgar for submissions and asking if I can block them in the future.

Is there a way to block submissions that contain links? I doubt it would be easy to block vulgar language, but generally spammers or bots include a link, so if I could block submissions with links in the comments box, that should do the trick. Thanks in advance.

Jacob
    Jacob Hebert
    Lake Conroe Real Estate

Re: Block Vulgar Form Posts?

You can get ABVF from Naval or add a captcha to stop the bots, but you will need to run a java script or php script to mod out the Vulgar words...lots of work for one form tho.

If you run the ip.. off his email.. i think you can block that tho

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Trust me Jacob, mostof us get these at some point. But Karen's suggestion is certainly worth a try, but as she points out can be a lot of work. What you need is a gun and the spammers address?
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Yeah a captcha is the way I think I'm gonna go, to avoid all the extra work you both mentioned :)

Also yes, as soon as I get their addresses and the address of the creators of "Antivirus 2009"... I'm off to the races!

Thanks!
        Jacob Hebert
        Lake Conroe Real Estate

Comment

Working...
        X