Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Hairdressers Site, Please Review

Hi
    I have just finished my web site www.pamsmobilecuts.ie please have a look and post your thoughts (be gentle) i kept it plain and simple as im not great with a computer, Costructive critisim is very welcome, any ideas how to improve let me know thanks
    Were not there yet but were getting there!!!
    Mobile hairdresser Mullingar Westmeath

Re: Mobile Hairdressers Site, Please Review

Hi Pam,

The only thing I would say is 'what areas do you cover' there is no mention of this that stands out on the site. Do you cover the whole of Ireland? You might want to mention areas you cover on your home page.

Otherwise, great attempt, nice looking website.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks for that, it just shows how easy is it to forget the basic details when your concentrating on everything else.

Thanks
      Pam

Comment

Prices page:
        Prices Vary depending on hair lenght and time spent
        Permanent colous and Semi-Permanent colours.

Overall, a good looking crisply done website! The abbreviated scope works very well to naturally emphasize your message.

However, apart from the simple grammatical errors above, there seems to be something amiss with the "centering" of items on pages themselves and overall page margins: note the "Logo" is not centered in yur pages, and often your right-side text "overruns" outside of the assumed page margins held on the others, creating the need for side-scrollbars to appear. If you tighten some of your text to be more 'evenly' composed (looking like a text block) this will be easier to accomplish and present a better-looking page to the visitor's eye.

Also .... I would suggest re-thinking the use of red for any 'headline' or otherwise important text when using this background: it is not "congruent" to your overall theme, nor complimentary to the refinement of "design" you should be trying to express with the genre of your site.

But, like I said, very nice and just needing small tweaks to get it to squeak!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks for the comments, changed a few little bits and pieces as requested,
          Thanks again.

Comment

Is there any way i can check my meta tags and page description to make sure SE's wont penalise me or even to find out if there ok and up to scratch,

Thanks in advance

Comment

A good tool to use is here, But I can tell you already that you are not making full use of your meta data.

Your page titles are too generalistic and brief.

Westmeath Mobile Hairdresser | Hair Stylist

would be a better page title for your home page than just

mobile-hairdresser

You must think of a creative page title for each page. You must also ONLY use meta keywords/phrases that are actually on your pages you are keywording. Page descriptions must do just that.. describe each page not the site.
              Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks il change those soon as possible.

Comment

Best of luck

Comment

A lot of great progress ..... looks like things are really getting where you want them to be!
                    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Getting there id like to be a bit more creative with maybe banners something just to give it that bit extra, but then again i thinks sometimes its better to stick to the main point and keep it simple, any suggestions would be took on board.
                      Pam

Comment

Hi Pam!

I really think you have a pretty good Business Model and you have the potential to build a very strong and consistent client base. Here are my thoughts on your website:

1. I would completely re-do this website and get it in control. Your page transitions I feel should be uniform throughout. Every time you click on a tab it's like going to a different site. Decide which one to use and stick with it. I would never put the tab for Price List on the Home Page. You need to sell yourself first Pam, how about a standard Menu Bar of:

HOME SERVICES ABOUT ME TESTIMONIALS CONTACT ME

2. Get some Testimonials and post them. You state 7yrs of experience, lets hear from them. Your Services Tab does not really talk about your services. Combine your Services Tab with your Price List.

3. You really need to build up an About Me Tab, talk about your training put a picture yourself and show your equipment. Your talking about going into people's homes, they want to feel comfortable with you.

4. Check your spelling throughout and bring down the Font. Try to be consistent throughout the site. Be careful going into people's homes, always have a Plan B!!

Best of Luck to you!!

Daniel

www.jaxplus.net

Comment

Hi Pam!

I really think you have a pretty good Business Model and you have the potential to build a very strong and consistent client base. Here are my thoughts on your website:

1. I would completely re-do this website and get it in control. Your page transitions I feel should be uniform throughout. Every time you click on a tab it's like going to a different site. Decide which one to use and stick with it. I would never put the tab for Price List on the Home Page. You need to sell yourself first Pam, how about a standard Menu Bar of:

HOME SERVICES ABOUT ME TESTIMONIALS CONTACT ME

2. Get some Testimonials and post them. You state 7yrs of experience, lets hear from them. Your Services Tab does not really talk about your services. Combine your Services Tab with your Price List.

3. You really need to build up an About Me Tab, talk about your training put a picture yourself and show your equipment. Your talking about going into people's homes, they want to feel comfortable with you.

4. Check your spelling throughout and bring down the Font. Try to be consistent throughout the site. Be careful going into people's homes, always have a Plan B!!

Best of Luck to you!!

Daniel

www.jaxplus.net

Comment

Working...
                          X