i would like to start a forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i would like to start a forum

i would like to start a forum on one of my add on sites.
    www.islandgreeneast.info
    1. in reading a thread it stated that i needed a domain name. do i need a domain name different than islandgreeneast.info? as i read that the domain name should have forum or some type of name like that.
    2. in installing the pphbb forum software it asks what directory do i want this in. i would think that it has to be in the islandgreeneast directory am i correct? otherwise it would go to my public_html directory.
    thanks for your response.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Re: i would like to start a forum

Installing a forum via Fantastico! does not require an additional domain name, as a new directory is automatically created for the forum to be installed into, should you elect.

The little box at the top of the New Installation page asks for a Directory to be named, and you can name it whatever you want (as long as it is all lower case and without spaces, for this will eventually become a link device also). For instance ... you can enter "community" and your forum will automatically install itself in that Directory after automatically creating it for you, and the link you will use to access it (and the one you will enter on your site for visitors to find it) will look like www.islandgreeneast.info/community/

This auto-creation of a directory coupled with easy Fantastico! installation is a no-brainer combination to get a forum up and running almost instantly!

Good Luck!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

thanks
      mrmagoo144
      www.videopostcards.info

Comment

.... and on we go!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Dear Vasili,

thank you for your information, i had Install the phpBB via Fantastico in my control panel, but unfortunatly, i dont know where i should login to update and configer my board and create and manage my forum!!! can you help me in this matter????? i am not able to find any tutorials about this.

thanks
          LaFrutaaa

Comment

You log in where you placed your page. If you placed under "www.mysite.com/forum "
            that's where you go to log in

Comment

Working...
            X