Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navigation/hyperlink info missing

Hi,

I have put all the hyperlinks into the navigation/menu bar for my pages, and I've checked these several times to make sure they are correct... for some reason though.. when I go to publish, I'm told that the page has successfully published, but when I go to the website, the only page that will actually come up is the index/home page.....I just can't figure out what if anything is wrong.. Help!! LOL.. !

Re: Navigation/hyperlink info missing

we cant do anything unless you tell us your website address
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

another thing you can do is go to tools>verify links. and that may tell you why your links are not working.
      mrmagoo144
      www.videopostcards.info

Comment

my web address is

Thanks

Comment

well.. you haven't actually linked any of the navigation up yet? click on the navigation buttons and enter the links.

for example www.villaharlequinprovence.com/nameofpage.html
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Went to tools and verify url as suggested.. some are verified and some are saying URL not found... I've checked though... and my links are correct.... I'm completely stumped!

Comment

Originally posted by Saml0302 View Post
              Went to tools and verify url as suggested.. some are verified and some are saying URL not found... I've checked though... and my links are correct.... I'm completely stumped!
              forget the verificaton tool... you have nothing to verify? You need to se the links up first.

Comment

Now see thats the problem... when I go to the navigation in blue voda where you put in all the hyperlinks, I see that they are done... I did this by going to each page individually... then double clicking on the menu bar, then properties, then I click on the page, click edit, add in the hyperlink, complete with the page name . html at the end... then ok it... I see them there, but.... perhaps I've missed something

Comment

republish your home page please

Comment

OK republished home page

Comment

The hyperlinks on my homepage are the same as those on the other pages, but the home page is the only one that will publish to the site.

Comment

ok, well now you see that some of your pages are appearing. Just recheck the ones that are not and make sure the link name matches the page names exactly. Also, go back into your links in the navigation bar and remove _blank from the target field. This will stop all your pages opening up in new windows.

Comment

Oh, could the -blank thing be the problem... i thought I had to have them open in a new window? I ask because when I go to my web address the pages are NOT coming up..

Comment

no this is not causing the problem, but still needs to be fixed. The reason some of your pages are not opening will be probably due to:

1) they may not have sucessfully published
                            2) they have an inconsistency between the name of the page and the name in the links.

For example 'contact' all lower case is not the same as Contact.

Check, check and check again....

Comment

the first thing you have is the link to your home page is not right. you have it as:
                              <a href="http://www.villaharlequinprovence.com/index.html" target="_blank">
                              it should be just
                              http://www.villaharlequinprovence.com
                              when linking your home page you do not need to add the index or the html
                              now the rest of the pages look ok, but you have to save them the same as you link them, such as
                              contactus has to be saved as contactus and so on. fix one thing at a time, first fix you index page, take out the index.html and the _blank and then you can copy and paste the whole nav bar to the other pages.
                              mrmagoo144
                              www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
                              X