PDA

View Full Version : Background and Layer Issues- Please help

santoro1
11-18-2008, 07:57 PM
I want to have my wegpage to have a black background on the sides, with a white background in the middle where my copy will be. At first I designed it on a white background and then had two rectangles colored black on the sides. However, I could never get the published pages to have equal and total coverage of the black on both sides.

Then I started with a black background on the page. Inserted a shape (rectangle) in the middle of the page. Made is a white background, sized it out and it looked fine. However, when I add a text area, I can't seem to get the text background to stay white so i can type black letters in it.

Any advise is appreciated.

DarrenC
11-18-2008, 08:06 PM
Yes its a pain when your font colour matches your background colour. My advice would be to type your stuff in a Microsoft Word doc and then copy an paste to the text box.

Darren

DM Owner
11-18-2008, 08:06 PM
Is this site published already? If so how about a link so we can see what your working with.

Also my original idea was black background with a text box with the properties set at white with black text. I dont see why that wouldnt work. Seems like you have tried that already. If you have tried that what happens after you publish?

-DM

davidundalicia
11-18-2008, 09:15 PM
Quick tip:
Type your text in a different colour that stands out on your background
and when your happy with position etc
"select all" the text and change the colour to what you want.

santoro1
11-18-2008, 09:16 PM
It doesn't seem to work. When I have the black background, and then have a white rectangle, I then click on the text box. When it drops down and I click on it to start editing, the whole line becomes black. If I right click, and hit properties it opens up the commands for text color and background color. Even when I change these when you again click on the test box it remains black.

There must be a way to do this.

The page is published but not in the black background format. Here is the link. I want the white areas to the side of the main information to be black. I am actually changing quite a bit of the fonts, colors, etc.

http://www.GRNMLMSecrets.com

davidundalicia
11-18-2008, 09:56 PM
Do you mean something like THIS (http://bluevodamembersclub.com/testbkgrd.html)