Background and Layer Issues- Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background and Layer Issues- Please help

I want to have my wegpage to have a black background on the sides, with a white background in the middle where my copy will be. At first I designed it on a white background and then had two rectangles colored black on the sides. However, I could never get the published pages to have equal and total coverage of the black on both sides.

Then I started with a black background on the page. Inserted a shape (rectangle) in the middle of the page. Made is a white background, sized it out and it looked fine. However, when I add a text area, I can't seem to get the text background to stay white so i can type black letters in it.

Any advise is appreciated.

Re: Background and Layer Issues- Please help

Yes its a pain when your font colour matches your background colour. My advice would be to type your stuff in a Microsoft Word doc and then copy an paste to the text box.

Darren
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Is this site published already? If so how about a link so we can see what your working with.

Also my original idea was black background with a text box with the properties set at white with black text. I dont see why that wouldnt work. Seems like you have tried that already. If you have tried that what happens after you publish?

-DM

Comment

Quick tip:
        Type your text in a different colour that stands out on your background
        and when your happy with position etc
        "select all" the text and change the colour to what you want.
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

It doesn't seem to work. When I have the black background, and then have a white rectangle, I then click on the text box. When it drops down and I click on it to start editing, the whole line becomes black. If I right click, and hit properties it opens up the commands for text color and background color. Even when I change these when you again click on the test box it remains black.

There must be a way to do this.

The page is published but not in the black background format. Here is the link. I want the white areas to the side of the main information to be black. I am actually changing quite a bit of the fonts, colors, etc.

Comment

Working...
          X