Pay per video download?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay per video download?

How do I implement a pay per video download?
    I've recently made instructional video and would like to charge a small nominal fee to download/save the video.

What is the best way to do this?

Oh, and how do I upload video files to my directory? Do I use the same "upload files" blanks in my ControlPanel that I use for image files?

Thanks!

Re: Pay per video download?

To make things simple on yourself (not have to dive into coding, custom scripts, and multiple "protected pages" doing it the PayPal+BV way), I would suggest you use Soholaunch, which allows for Zero-Downloads (virtual inventory, eDownloads) and already has a secure cart system in place. You might have to spend a few $$ for a special plug-in, but they take care of the job for you without all the headache. BTW: Soholaunch also allows you a choice of payment methods, including PayPal.

Soholaunch is very simple to learn, and has a lot of the professional features pre-configured you will undoubtedly want to have later on down the road. As a VodaHost client, you can install Soholaunch via the Fantastico! panel in your Account Control Panel for FREE (the manual download costs a minimum of $200 if you get it directly from their site).

"Loading" via Soho is done thru the Admin panel, and is just a few clicks of the mouse.
    Manual loading of videos to your VodaHost account is best done via the FILE MANAGER in your Control Panel, and always to the public_HTML/ directory of whatever domain you specify..
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Pay per video download?

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
      To make things simple on yourself (not have to dive into coding, custom scripts, and multiple "protected pages" doing it the PayPal+BV way), I would suggest you use Soholaunch, which allows for Zero-Downloads (virtual inventory, eDownloads) and already has a secure cart system in place. You might have to spend a few $$ for a special plug-in, but they take care of the job for you without all the headache. BTW: Soholaunch also allows you a choice of payment methods, including PayPal.
      Soholaunch is very simple to learn, and has a lot of the professional features pre-configured you will undoubtedly want to have later on down the road. As a VodaHost client, you can install Soholaunch via the Fantastico! panel in your Account Control Panel for FREE (the manual download costs a minimum of $200 if you get it directly from their site).

"Loading" via Soho is done thru the Admin panel, and is just a few clicks of the mouse.
      Manual loading of videos to your VodaHost account is best done via the FILE MANAGER in your Control Panel, and always to the public_HTML/ directory of whatever domain you specify..
      Thanks for the reply Vasili.
      Soholaunch does not allow downloads of videos? What if someone were to purchase the video in order for them to play/save it? How would that work?
      I was thinking of having a short teaser video for them to peruse and then if they want the full version of the instructional video, they would pay a nominal fee and then be able to play/save/download the full video.

Should I go through Paypal for the payment processing?
      And after the customer pays, how will they be able to download the video they purchased?
      Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X