publishing a guest sign in page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• publishing a guest sign in page

I have been able to publish some pages but I just created a guest sign in page from the bule voda form and it will not publish or even view as a preview
    What did I do wrong this time?

Re: publishing a guest sign in page

what is the name of the guest page?

None of your links work on your home page because you haven't added the extension to the link.

e.g. http://survivetaxcuts.com/taxcut.html

you have left the .html off all your links
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

And please dont make duplicate posts.!!!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

So sorry General
        I did try to delete the first post but this Private is just learning this stuff. Thats why we need officers to teach us dumb ass recruits

Comment

Don't look at ME! Keep doing push-up's, Mister!

LOL Gotta love every busload, don'tcha think?
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Here is where your guestbook is at
            with the correct link.................
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
            Newbies / Beginners Forum
            FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
            My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
            Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Sorry Vasili I know it was not you. The other one is a corporal trying to be a general.
              In the fire service folks like that are usually new Lts who got promoted without having had experience dealing with new recruits.
              I have been busy doing my push ups while trying to get this stuff clear in my old mind but still will needs lots of help.

Comment

Davis
                I can see http://survivetaxcuts.com/guestbook.php
                when I put it in the browser. I can not find the link symbol on my blue voda any place I look. Can you point me to a tutor for that.
                One more question. I thought each had to have an html at the end. I don't know how, when or why to chose php

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Graner View Post
                  Davis
                  I can see http://survivetaxcuts.com/guestbook.php
                  when I put it in the browser. I can not find the link symbol on my blue voda any place I look. Can you point me to a tutor for that.
                  One more question. I thought each had to have an html at the end. I don't know how, when or why to chose php
                  1. In Blue Voda you can use the Hyperlink icon, or find Inset Hyperlink in the Command Menu. This is the Tutorial on hyperlinking pages.

2. For the pages you create using Blue Voda you will normally add the .html extension when creating links, except your Email Form pages that contain an actionable script, and those you not only 'save/publish as php' as instructed, but when linking to them you add the .php extension (so it can be found as it was saved).

The reason your Guestbook link above has the .php extension is because that page itself is a Login page with a script as well, which then delivers visitors to the guestbook itself. Say for example instead of a Guestbook that you are "screening" visitors via a Login process you had a Forum instead: you would not need a 'Login Page' as you have here since a Forum has that feature built-in .... and instead the link would take you directly to the Directory it was installed in (because all such 'utilities' need to be in a separate Directory to function, right?), and it would look like this > http://survivetaxcuts.com/forum/

Hopefully this helped somewhat!
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia View Post
                    Here is where your guestbook is at
                    with the correct link.................
                    When you created the GBook the above page is your link.....you now have to create the above link on another of your pages or in your menu system.

To view where to change the page extensions in the future....
                    right click on an empty part of the page
                    page properties
                    file extension.
                    Have fun
                    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                    Newbies / Beginners Forum
                    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Hm.... There is some confusion here...

The BV guestbook needs NOT be php. In fact, it was designed in such a way that the page can be simple html. In anyway, the guestbook page needs to be linked, from within the menu system with the actual name used to save the page.

Please note that the BV built in guestbook CREATES an I-frame in the page, and displays in the Iframe the guest book itself. The real guestbook is created automatically by a file that BV uploads automatically (see the guestbook tool, Advanced, PHP script name)

This, by default, is named "guestbook.php". So, unless you change the php script name to something else, it will OVERWRITE your own page, if you give it the extension php!

Sumarizing: Save your BV guestbook page as "guestbook" BUT select, from Page Properties, Extension, the extension to be "html".

In your menus, the link to the guestbook page, should be http://survivetaxcuts.com/guestbook.html

ALTERNATIVELY, in order to avoid editing the menus in all your pages, you may leave your BV page to have the extension php, BUT please do the following:
                      Open your BV guestbook page. Double click on the guest book, go in Advanced, down the dialog box you will see "PHP script name : guestbook.php"

Change it to be "guestbook1.php" . Save the page and Publish. Test refreshing your browser.
                      Navaldesign
                      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                      X