Lost with mouseover tag popups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost with mouseover tag popups

I downloaded the walterzeron script for those great fancy hovertext popups, but coz i'm so novice at this I have no idea how to get them to work.....the instructions on the webpage http://www.walterzorn.com/tooltip/tooltip_e.htm#features are so vague i can't get the jist of where anything goes, or how to link it so when the text is hyperlinked it just displays a small text box.
    What I want to do is when you hover over the "founding fathers" in the text area. a hover text box appears with quotes as listed in the hyperlink it is now directing to.
    quite similar to the way i hover the mouse over the threads and it gives a discription of what is inside the posts.

my page is www.churchofrealtruth.com/Headlines.html

Re: Lost with mouseover tag popups

Actually they arent vague at all.

You need to know where to locate some of the areas to paste them into is all. Basic knowledge of html is required to do this. Most of this can be done by right clicking on your page and selecting page html and copy and pasting the codes into the select areas.. between body tags, head tags, before or after each tag etc.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I have that understanding...point being they give me 2 sets of codes one loads in the page html at in the body <script type="text/javascript" src="wz_tooltip.js"></script>
      then they give this another and i don't know how this gets placed to make the text in get hyperlinked to just do the hover text box without doing a popup to another html. <a href="index.htm" onmouseover="Tip('Some text')" onmouseout="UnTip()">Homepage </a>. Does it go into the text box hyperlink? the main page html? how does it highlight the word I want to use?
      That's the part that is very confusing.
      I do have the ws.tooltip.js in my public directory, loaded by the html page with the first code for the script to access. I just wish I knew more coz I just started a 1-1/2 weeks ago and i ranked on the 1st page of google when you type in - real truth about bankers -. So i have to get with the program fast.
      Please help
      www.churchofrealtruth.com

Comment

It goes where they direct you... and you have to edit it to match your pages. Where it says some text.. thats where you type your quote or whatever. where it says index.html thats where you edit the page to whatever page it should go to. You should have this line of code repeated for each of your buttons or menu that you wish to display.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ty everyone for your advice.
          I want to post that it's easy once you know how. I want to mention that adding the text to the <head> to the Whole page with var txt1= is much easier than trying to add individual tooltips to the TEXT BOX. Also, its easier to add the link AFTERWARD for where u want to link.
          TY everyone

Comment

Working...
          X