shortcut for pic resizing...new age, new tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shortcut for pic resizing...new age, new tech

I have found that my own cell phone provides good images for a website. It is only a 4 megapixel camera and I can email it to myself. Yes, ya still have to crop or set up a lighting area for your pic...but the resizing is easy and converts easily to thumbnails. Digital cameras are HIGH RESOLUTION which is not good for web pages and add excessive weight (kbs and mbs).

We have the technology at our fingertips...so why not put it to good use?
    Karen Williams
    Your Belief is Your Reality

Re: shortcut for pic resizing...new age, new tech

Good tip, if only I could find my wire to connect my phone to my pc...
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

what wire...I quit looking after the move to Misery!

Just send it to your email account, Dude! It's called a photo message on yer phone, but same as text message on yer bill!
      Karen Williams

Comment

LOL.. you haven't seen my phone!! Cost me £20 many many years ago.... just about switches on.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

In your contacts, make new contact for your photo messages. one with no phone! an email address only, makes it quicker, otherwise ya gotta type in the email address every time....
          Karen Williams

Comment

Originally posted by karenwms63 View Post
            In your contacts, make new contact for your photo messages. one with no phone! an email address only, makes it quicker, otherwise ya gotta type in the email address every time....
            Good idea... I am supposed to be getting a new phone for my birthday, but sssshhhh... i don't know that yet !

I'm also getting to fly my very own 747 too.... now that's one birthday I am gonna remember forever.

Comment

okay, I can see it is nearly time for my man Ramsey to check the new age of how to get the most from cellphones...

the FCC here in US has just now approved overall opensource of the white spaces on broadband = cheaper and better rates on cellies! And most phones have unlimited messaging...granted they didn't mean for it be pics, but HEY, it is! Ma girl, (translation = daughter, best girl friend, etc.) is getting a cell for xmas...and I am doing my darned best to get what I can at the right price for the holidays.

They are so underrated in what they can do for website images! To start...

they are low in weight (kbs and mbs)
              they are not full monitor size, but big enough to be the main pic
              thumbnails do not distort using bv

however...

the cell phone I am using is over three years old, but

it is a 4 megapixel camera phone, low resolution (so if the image looks good on this, then it is only a matter of cropping, if even necessary!)

have no clue to what the resolution is on the newest phones available, but if it is close to above, then the battle is already won!

I have been on several social networking sites and every pic from my celly is less than 50 kbs, which in my book is damn good! The pics look good on the social sites, the printing of the pics from those same social sites is acceptable, so I gotta say that the easiest way to convert pics are to send them via cellphone...no downloading software, no optimizing, nada....

YEAH, I fell into this on accident,....story of my life...fall into a bucket of sh*t and come out smelling like a rose...but hey?

Why not share the knowledge? A good light box, yeah, cardboard lined with blank copy paper, and the sky is the limit! No?
              Last edited by karenwms63; 11-21-2008, 02:31 PM. Reason: uh
              Karen Williams

Comment

Karen you'll be the first one I send an image to on my new phone

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
                  Good idea... I am supposed to be getting a new phone for my birthday, but sssshhhh... i don't know that yet !

I'm also getting to fly my very own 747 too.... now that's one birthday I am gonna remember forever.
                  Going to yer neighbor's house for 747 simulation does not count!

P.S. wish my neighbor could even possibly be so enthused ABOUT anything!
                  Last edited by karenwms63; 11-21-2008, 02:38 PM. Reason: shhhh
                  Karen Williams

Comment

It will do me.... see I have Flight simulator on a seperate PC, and occassionally I fly from London to say... Orlando.... in my real time jet (Boys!!)

Trouble is.... after flying a successful smooth ride for 8 or 9 hours... I kill all my passengers every time upon landing without fail!!!!!

So this guy gonna teach me how to land safely.

Comment

Well, ya definitely got my cell number...it is the company phone...LOL!
                      Karen Williams

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
                        Karen you'll be the first one I send an image to on my new phone
                        Teeheehee...ya gonna make me hold ya to this?
                        Karen Williams

Comment

Originally posted by karenwms63 View Post
                          Teeheehee...ya gonna make me hold ya to this?

Comment

Working...
                          X