My first web site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first web site

Please show my photo gallery. I never made one web site. Sure I have made many errors. HELP me for complete the site and for make better. The site is still UNDER CONSTRUCTION but before continue I wish know how!!! For exampel I wish use flash photo galleries but I don' know how to use XML file with Blue voda
    thank a lot.
    edobali

Re: My first web site

Hi, got some real nice images. You will need some text within the site to help the SE’s to find you. Not sure on the http://edoardobellotti.com/crinoids.html loading a bit slow in comparison to all the others being real fast loaders. The thumbnails seem to be up around 70/100kb on this page & only 7ish kb on all other pages.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you for your suggestion for crinoids page. I will soon check and try to find the problem. I want put any descriptions for each image when will show large but I do not how.
      by

Comment

Very nice photos! I would loose however the 'ENTER' page. It's such a waste of time - just an extra click!

Cheers,
        N Z B R
        t o u r s
        New Zealand Tours
        Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
        Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
        Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
        Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Your site is nice! I do suggest using the light box or gallery functions for your pictures - it will make your site look more professional, user friendly, and appealing... your viewers won't have keep on closing the pop up windows for every picture they want to look at (and many people disable pop ups so the pictures the click on load into a large blank white page with the picture in the top left corner).

Here is an example of the light box feature: http://www.thinkingintrees.com/ring-boxes.html (it takes a bit to load but the effects are what you want to focus on - unless you are happy with the way you have it now).

Also, I would change "fishes" and "shrimps" to the singular form - fish and shrimp are both singular and plural in english. You don't need to add the "s" to make it plural. It's a given.

and you should take the "home" link and make it link into your gallery. It get's annoying going to the home page than clicking back into the site.

Hope this was helpful and not too much! ;)
          Mr. Big Paw
          Somewhere in the CO mountains
          Big Paw Services

Comment

I agree with the others so far, I would also have each page layout the same. Have your menu bar on each page so the user can simply go from one page to any other without having to go back to the home page everytime. And have them all open in the same window (leave the target area empty). The light box feature would work nicely to view each photo as suggested above.
            Reguards
            Ed
            www.dsondesigns.com
            www.marseillesyouthsports.com
            www.300hitter.com
            www.bigjk.net
            How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Working...
            X