search engine question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• search engine question

If I make a page where, when viewed it is a picture, can i put text in behind the picture, invisible to the person viewing the page? The purpose of this would be for the spiders to find more info when searching my site.
    ie: text moved behind the picture, maybe even white text.
    Dave Van De Cappelle
    www.aSimpleLife.ca
    www.TheAlternativeSolution.ca

Re: search engine question

Yes of course you can..... If you want to get BANNED from the search engines!!
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

When the words we enter in a search engine do not bring up the link to the site, we need some way for search engines to find this site when someone enters search word relevant to the content.

The site is mostly pictures of scanned pages I have posted. Go view it and see if you think a spider can find what its supposed to.

To view this site http://thealternativesolution.ca/
      Dave Van De Cappelle
      www.aSimpleLife.ca
      www.TheAlternativeSolution.ca

Comment

What is it that you think its supposed to find? You can put an ALT tag on the pic, right click properties and you can type in a title and a SHORT description of that pic, just in case it doesnt show up. DO NOT SPAM IT tho.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

When I go to your website I have absolutely no idea what it is about, so how about a 'Home Page' without all those images, describe what a viewer might find on your website (i.e. what is it about, what is it for etc etc..)

That way, the search engines can work it out too and then your inside pages will also follow on with that theme too... Use good constructive meta page titles and page descriptions too, the SE's see those and depending on how well thought out these are this can get you picked up on your search terms you are looking for.
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
          X