Adding a copyright code in html

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a copyright code in html

Hi, I am trying to add a copyright code in html at the bottom of my page but everytime I publish it, it is at the top of my page. I did this on my 'couples' page, under portfolios. Could you please help. I think it looks stupid at the top and want it at the bottom. thankyou.
    Read photography.

Re: Adding a copyright code in html

url?
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

yes, sorry. www.readphotography.ca

Comment

Try it on a page without the lightbox. That's my suspicion... Lightbox is not a good gallery program to use for several reasons.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks Ramsey. It still goes to the top of the page. Is there something I am doing wrong? Could you tell me why you don't like light box and is there another way I can show my pictures?

Deb

Comment

Several reasons, but mainly, it encourages people to often close the enlarged images down by hitting the X on the browser therefore forcing your site to close completely. It slows the page load down, and persoanlly I think using the normal gallery and setting the images to appear larger in a POP-UP window looks far more professional. Just my personal opinion.

More than happy for you to send me one of the problem pages via email. I will look at it for you.

Comment

Mabye I will use a normal gallery. I am a perfectionist after all. Is it fairly easy to set the images to appear larger in another window? My brain is going into website overload.
              I would greatly appreciate you looking at a page but should I make all the changes first? Will it make a difference as to why my code is going to the top?

Deb

Comment

Originally posted by READ photography View Post
                Mabye I will use a normal gallery. I am a perfectionist after all. Is it fairly easy to set the images to appear larger in another window? My brain is going into website overload.
                I would greatly appreciate you looking at a page but should I make all the changes first? Will it make a difference as to why my code is going to the top?

Deb
                I can't guarantee that is causing the problem. If it isn't just send one of the pages to me and I'll fix it for you.

Use the normal gallery, then upload the larger images... set the drop down box to 'Open in a pop up window'

Here's one I prepared earlier

Replace the ***** with a s p i r e for some unknown stupid reason that word has been blocked from usage on this forum... ????????

Comment

Have you put this bit if text into an html box or have you added it as normal text?

Comment

<p> &#169; Debra Read 2008 </p>
                    that is the code i got off the internet. i don't read html code so it is probably why its not going to the bottom of the page. do you know?
                    the link you sent didn't work.

deb

Comment

Ok,

Get rid of that html box altogether.

Create the text using the normal text box method..

To get the copyright symbol just go to 'Insert' >> 'Symbol'

and just write the rest using your keyboard and place it where you want it on the page.

Comment

Thankyou so much!! Got mom duty now. Deb

Comment

LOL.. No worries

Comment

Hi, might be a bit late now? But if you want, the script below will update automatically each year to save some time at a later date changing all your pages. Just pop it in an html box on the front of your BV page & stretch to box horizontally to stop the text returning.

<BODY>
                            <script type="text/javascript">
                            <!-- Begin
                            copyright=new Date();
                            update=copyright.getFullYear();
                            document.write("Copyright © 2007-"+ update + " (Debra Read) All rights reserved.");
                            // End -->
                            </script>

Good luck.
                            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                            X